- 42 -

Harmony

"Aye Harmony where you going?" I heard Kane's deep voice call my name

I ignored him as I continued walking towards my car.

"Harmony wait!" I felt a hand touch my arm. I quickly snapped my head to the left and made eye contact with Dom.

"I know tonight has been a lot but I don't want you to worry about anything. We got everything handled." He spoke in a low tone.

I gave him a blank stare before removing my arm from his grip.

I quickly walked around to the drivers side of my car, got inside and backed out of the driveway.

I knew I wouldn't stay mad at them for long but so much has went down tonight that I needed to get my mind right.

I needed to be alone and process everything. They were used to stuff like this. Me on the other hand this was new and I didn't know how to feel.

I couldn't wrap my head around seeing two people shot dead in a place I call home, being drugged, betrayed and dragged into a situation that didn't have anything to do with me. This would drive any person off the edge.

Shaking my head I merged onto the interstate and continued the thirty minute drive towards my parents home.

"I love you Harmony and I hope you all find it in your heart one day to forgive me."

My body cringed as I thought about Layla's last words before she shot herself in the head. My piercing screams filled my ears and the sound of guns going off kept constantly replaying in my mind.

Tears started forming in my eyes knowing that the place I called home was now a murder scene.

"I needed you to trust me Harmony."

"Bitch you drugged me!" I screamed.

"Surprise Bitch!" Lola's scornful laugh filled my head.

It sort of reminds me of the creepy clown laugh. I shivered, gripped the steering wheel tighter and my foot pressed further down on the gas pedal.

I should have known it was her. The awkward moments from the sleepover. The random death threats. The box with the pictures. The unexplained bruises. Her interest in Mea and Dominique's love life. The stiffening of her body when we first introduced her to Junior and the "you can call me aunty."