- 29 -

Harmony

*Mea and Dominique's House*

"Okay twin." Layla yelled out the window once she pulled up in my driveway.

I twirled around in my Clovers cheerleader uniform before striking a pose.

"We definitely have to take pictures." I said walking over to her car.

"Of course." Layla said getting out of her car and locking the door.

"You ready to go?" I asked opening the door to my car.

"Yes. I'm excited." She smiled before walking over and getting into the passenger seat.

"Me too. I'm ready to see everyone in their costumes." I cranked the car up.

"I ran into Kane, Princeton, and the kids at Harris Teeter an hour ago and they all looked so cute." She buckled her seat belt.

"I bet they do. You should see their Halloween pictures on Instagram." I unlocked my phone and showed Layla the family pictures of Mea, Dom and the kids.

"Awww so cute." Layla smiled and passed my phone back to me.

"I know right." I pulled out of my driveway and took the drive towards Mea's house.

"Do you want a family of your own one day?" Layla asked.

"I do. I just don't see it happening for me right now." I shrugged my shoulders.

"If anyone will be getting married and having kids it will definitely be you." Layla said.

"Why you say that?" I briefly looked at her before turning towards the road.

"I've been thinking about it and I'm not sure if I want to bring a child into my crazy world." She said.

"What's crazy about your world?" I asked her.

"I don't know if I'll be a good mother. I'm afraid my child will experience the childhood I had growing up." She sighed.

"I heard childhood trauma can definitely play a huge role but look at Mea. Her childhood was a crazy one but she's an amazing mother. So, if having a family is something that you want don't give up on it." I smiled at her.

"Yeah you're right. Hopefully my mindset changes but right now I just want to have fun. I'm only 23." She said.

"Me too. I'm hoping family and kids are in my future but right now I'm just having fun." I smirked.

"What's the look about?" She turned in her seat raising her right eyebrow at me.

"What look?" I asked.

"Wait a minute!" Layla looked me up and down. "You been playing snakes in the grass?" She grinned at me.

"What?" I chuckled while pressing the intercom button waiting for the gates to open.