- 40 -

Harmony

*Ding Dong*

*Ding Dong*

"You expecting company?" Layla quickly sat up on the couch.

"Might be my mom she's the only one who pops up without calling." I said looking down at my phone.

"Ohh okay." She nodded her head.

"Can you get the door for me?" I asked looking up for a brief second.

"I'm wine drunk just like you are." She said.

"I know but your closer to the door." I smirked.

*Ding Dong*

"Yeah yeah." She waved me off and slowly got up from the couch.

"Seriously I can't feel my legs." I chuckled.

"Who is it?" Layla asked before looking through the peephole and slowly opening the door.

"Hello." I heard a woman's voice.

"Hello, Who are you?" Layla asked.

"I'm a guest of Harmony. Is she here?" She asked.

"Yes." Layla said hesitantly.

"Perfect! I'm Lola by the way." She said.

"Who is it Lay?" I dropped my phone between my legs and looked towards the door.

"Lola?" Layla stood next to the door and looked over at me.

Before I could respond an older light skin woman walked inside of my home.

"Hello Harmony." She smiled and walked further into my living room.

"Hello!" I slowly lifted my head up and looked the woman over from head to toe.

"It's nice to finally meet you." She smiled.

"I wish I could say the same about you. Who are you and why are you in my house?" I raised an eyebrow slowly sitting up on the couch.

"You are feisty. Reminds me so much of my younger self." She smiled while looking me over.

"I'm going to ask again. Who are you and why the fuck are you in my house?" I asked.

I looked over at Layla who was still standing with the door wide open with confusion written all over her face.

"Girl what is going on?" Layla asked looking between us two.

"Who is this lady you done let inside of my house?" I tried standing up but my legs felt like jello.