- 8 -

Princeton

"Black people can never be on time." Dom sucked his teeth at me.

I was supposed to meet Dom and Mea at the mall an hour ago but my work out lasted longer then I thought.

"I'm late but I'm here." I smirked and pulled Mea into a hug.

"I'm happy you decided to come with us." She smiled at me.

"Needed some fresh air." I dapped Dom and we began walking towards Versace.

Two hours later we were leaving out of Footlocker and were on the way to the food court.

"Y'all boys have fun without me tonight." Dom said.

"Definitely, we don't need your cry baby ass sitting around thinking about your wife all night. So, your doing us a favor sitting this one out." I joked.

"Fuck you! I just love my wife." He kissed her on the cheek.

"You felt the same about my best friend. So don't come for him." Mea chuckled.

"For sure." I gave a small smile and grabbed my vibrating phone from out of my pants pocket.

"Girl I was about to box you." I briefly looked up from my phone and saw Harmony and another woman.

"Hello." She said.

I nodded my head towards her and went back to scrolling through my phone. My attention was focused on the text messages from my cousin Kane.

My eyes looked up when I felt someone watching me. They instantly connected with the woman who was here with Harmony. When she noticed me looking she quickly directed her eyes elsewhere. I was used to the stares from women so it didn't phase me.

Harmony briefly looked at me and I could have sworn she rolled her eyes. I chuckled and watched them walk away.

"So, we about to eat or nah?" I turned away from the door.

"Let's go Prince." Mea linked arms with me and we walked towards the food court.

- Later that night -

"Boy get your ass inside of the car

"Boy get your ass inside of the car." I frowned my face up like a father scolding his son. I shooked my head as Kane crip walk to the car.

"Always sucking the fun out of something. I miss the old you." He smirked at me once he closed the door.

"Next time you make me wait thirty minutes I'm shooting your house up for fun." I smirked.

"You wouldn't?" He placed his hand against his chest in a playful manner and gasped.

"Grow up and buckle up nigga." I placed the car in reverse.

"Yes sir. Safety first." He chuckled.