- 34 -

Harmony

"We went from 2 a

"We went from 2 a.m. calls, to
Zero communication, yeah
We spent too long in heaven, that
We felt the elevation...."

I turned the volume up in my car and jammed to "Ex" by "Kiana Lede."

"I don't want to be your ex
We're way too good at being friends
Can we still hang out, on the low, get wild?..."

I sung the song at the top of my lungs while slowly backing out of my driveway. My karaoke session was briefly interrupted by the incoming call from Mea.

"Hello!" I answered the call and placed the car into drive.

"Heyyyy. Where you at?" Mea's voice came through the cars speakers.

"I'm on my way now." I came to a stop sign.

"Okay. I should be dressed by time you get here." She said.

"See you soon!" I said before hanging up the phone and signaling for a right turn.

Twenty minutes later I pulled in front of her large driveway and parked in front of the door. I grabbed my phone, dialed Mea's number and waited for her to answer.

I looked around at her beautiful front yard in admiration. They kept everything looking nice from the inside out.

"Hello!" Mea's voice came through my cars speakers.

"I'm out—-." I paused once I saw Princeton slowly walking up the driveway.

"I'm coming." Mea said before hanging up the phone.

I simply held the phone in my hand and continued to stare at the sight before me. As he got closer my gaze took in his smooth chocolate skin, his abs, the sweat glistening from his body and his long dreads which were pulled on top of his head. A towel was wrapped around his neck and I assumed he went jogging around the neighborhood.

I jumped when I heard a tap on my passenger window. I instantly unlocked the door, watched Mea as she got into the passenger seat and rolled the window down. Dom leaned down to look inside of the car.

"Wassup Harmony!" Dom said.

"Hey Dom." I said before turning the AC up. I was suddenly feeling hot.

"Dinner is on me tonight. Y'all enjoy yourselves and be safe." He said before kissing Mea on the lips and walking towards Princeton who was now staring into my car.