- 14 -

Harmony

I closed the front door to my parents home and immediately removed my heels placing them by the front door.

Trying to stay as quiet as possible I walked towards the kitchen where my parents were listening to old 90's r&b.

"Before I let go" by "Maze" was currently playing on the radio and the smell of dinner instantly filled my nostrils as I slowly crept towards the kitchen.

Standing in the entry way I smiled seeing my mother stirring the pot on the stove while my father has his arms wrapped around her waist grooving and singing to the slow jams playing on the radio. I took out my phone and quickly snapped a picture of the two love birds.

"Black love is a beautiful thing." I smiled and admired the picture.

I placed the phone inside of my back pocket and looked up making eye contact with my parents who were staring at me with silly grins on their faces.

"I was wondering how long you were going to stand there and watch me feel up on your mother." My father said and walked over to the radio to turn down the music.

"Ewww no I was definitely not watching you guys." I rolled my eyes.

"Mack leave her alone." My mom chuckled.

"How did you even know I was here?" I smiled and walked over to them.

"You know I have eyes in the back of my head." He smirked and pulled me into a hug kissing the top of my forehead.

"Hey sweetie pie." My mother hugged and kissed me before returning her attention to the pot on the stove.

"What are you cooking?" I looked over her shoulder.

"Aht Aht step back. Dinner is almost done." She popped my hand with the spoon and went to grab plates from out of the cabinet.

"Come over here sweet pea." My father chuckled and gestured for me to join him at the kitchen table.

"I'm ready to eat." I sat down in the seat next to him.

"Me too!" He said and started rubbing his stomach.

"Don't rush me. The food is ready anyways!" My mother said before turning the oven off and taking the aluminum pan out before preparing our plates.

 The food is ready anyways!" My mother said before turning the oven off and taking the aluminum pan out before preparing our plates

"I'm coming to help!" I quickly walked over to my mother and assisted with bringing the food over to the table.

"Thanks baby." My dad slapped my mother on the ass and pulled her chair out.

"You're welcome daddy." She winked and sat down next to my father. "Harmony will you pray over the food?" She asked.

"Of course." We grabbed hands around the table and I said a quick prayer before digging into the food.