Chapter 7: New Friends!

Maybelle flew up to Evelyn. "Hey." Maybelle greeted. "Hey." Evelyn greeted. "How was your date with Luna?" Maybelle asked. "Great, I think I am falling in love with her." Evelyn replied. "Have you told her?" Maybelle asked. "No, not yet." Evelyn replied. "You should." Maybelle told her and Evelyn sighed. "Maybe someday." Evelyn told her. "Whenever you are ready." Maybelle commented. "How are things with the boy from the village?" Evelyn asked and Maybelle blushed. "Great. He is great, really." Maybelle replied. "But?" Evelyn asked and Maybelle sighed. "It's just getting harder to sneak off to be with him. My parents are all over me these days, forcing me to get a suitor." Maybelle replied. "Do you want him to be your suitor?" Evelyn asked and Maybelle smiled. "Maybe, but it's not like it can ever happen." Maybelle replied. "Why not?" Evelyn asked. "Because he is a human boy from the village, and I am the Princess of the Pegasus." Maybelle replied and Evelyn sighed. "You cannot live your life like this forever, Maybelle." Evelyn told her. "And I wish there was something I could do about it, but I cannot. This is forbidden, even though I wish it was not and we could walk across the mountains holding hands. I do not even know if he likes me for me." Maybelle explained. "Of course he does, May." Evelyn told her. "He does not know that I am a Pegasus or a Princess." Maybelle told her. "Maybe it's best. You can see if he likes you for you, and not because you are royalty." Evelyn suggested and Maybelle smiled. "Maybe you are right." Maybelle agreed.
        Evelyn walked up to Maybelle. "Are you going to the village today?" Evelyn asked. "Shhh, and I do not think I can make it." Maybelle replied. "Maybe I could hold your parents off." Evelyn suggested. "That is really sweet of you." Maybelle told her. "But?" Evelyn asked and Maybelle sighed. "But.... I do not want to take the risk." Maybelle replied. "What risk?" Evelyn asked. "You do not know my parents, trust me." Maybelle replied and Evelyn smiled. "I do trust you." Evelyn told her and she smiled. "I am glad we became friends." Maybelle told her. "Me too." Evelyn agreed and they hugged.
    Maybelle flew to the lake and saw Evelyn there as she landed next to her. "Finally managed to escape from your parents?" Evelyn asked. "Barely. I just wish they would back off." Maybelle replied. "I guess that is what happens when you are the princess." Evelyn commented and Maybelle sighed as she sat down. "Yeah, and I hate it." Maybelle agreed. "But you can't change it." Evelyn told her. "But when I am at the village with Zane, I am just me. No one watches me as I walk by or giving me special treatment. I am just some ordinary girl, and I really love it." Maybelle explained. "Why do you not run away?" Evelyn asked and Maybelle sighed. "I want to, and I would be lying if I said I never thought about it.... But I have a responsibility to my people, and I am the only one who knows what is best for them. Not my mother, not my father, and not some stupid pegasus who they want me to marry. This is my life, and I can never change that." Maybelle replied. "Well, I am always here for you. Not because you are the Princess or the future Queen, but because I am your friend." Evelyn told her and Maybelle grinned. "Thank you." Maybelle commented. "For what?" Evelyn asked. "For being my friend and caring about me for me and not my royal status." Maybelle replied and Evelyn smiled. "Of course." Evelyn agreed. Maybelle hugged Evelyn and she hugged back.
     Maybelle flew back to her parents. "Where in heaven have you been?" Anastasia asked. "With my friend." Maybelle replied. "You cannot have friends." Roman told her. "Why not?" Maybelle asked. "Because you are going to be Queen soon, and you cannot risk having someone pretend to be your friend only to get your royal status." Roman replied. "Father, she is my friend and she cares for me and not for some royal status." Maybelle told him and he laughed. "Right, like that could happen." Roman commented and tears formed in her eyes. "What? Are you saying no one could love me for me?" Maybelle asked. "Of course not, sweetheart. But everyone cares about power, whether they admit it or not." Anastasia replied as she put her hoof around her daughter. Maybelle shook her away and stepped backwards. "I do not, and I trust her more then either of you." Maybelle told her. "Is that so?" Anastasia asked. "Yes, mother." Maybelle replied. She turned her back on her parents and flew away into the sky.
     Evelyn was walking around the village in her human form when she finally found Maybelle. She ran up to her and sat next to her. "Are you alright, May?" Evelyn asked and Maybelle sighed. "No." Maybelle replied. "What happened?" Evelyn asked. "My parents do not think you are my friend because you care about me, but because you want power since I am the Princess." Maybelle replied. "That is not true." Evelyn told me and I nodded. "I know. I believe you over my parents." Maybelle told her and she smiled. "Are you here to see Zane?" Evelyn told her and she sighed. "Yeah, but I do not have a way to contact him. So, it is very hard to meet up with him." Maybelle replied. "I can only imagine." Evelyn agreed. "I have been looking for you. How long have you been?" Evelyn asked. "I am not really sure." Maybelle replied. "Lets get you home, Maybelle. You can visit him later." Evelyn told her and she nodded. "Okay." Maybelle agreed. They got up and walked away.
      Maybelle and Evelyn made it back to the mountains and decided to stay in their human forms, it's easier to hide in a bach of Pegasus that way. "Are you okay enough to see your parents?" Evelyn asked. "I am never okay enough to see my parents." Maybelle replied and Evelyn laughed. "Do you want to go and hide at the lake for a little while?" Evelyn asked and Maybelle grinned. "I would love to, it would be much better." Maybelle replied and Evelyn grabbed her hand. "Lets go." Evelyn told her and dragged her away as they both laughed. They stopped at the lake and Maybelle bent down and put her hand in the lake as the water spashed her. "The water feels amazing." Maybelle commented. "You want to take a swim?" Evelyn asked. "Really?" Maybelle asked and Evelyn shrugged. "Yeah." Evelyn replied and Maybelle smiled. "That sounds delightful." Maybelle agreed. They walked into into the lake and splashed one another as they both laughed.