Chapter 31: Enough is Enough!

Zane looked around and saw his mom was on the ground. Mandy's sword was a few feet away from her. Blood on her battle clothes. He looked at Maybelle and she nodded before he ran over to his mother and helped her up. "Are you alright?" Zane asked. "Y-Yes. I believe so." Mandy replied and Zane hugged her. All Pegasus and Dragons were looking around, shocked and confused with what's going on and what just happened. "Maybelle?" Anastasia asked as she walked up to her daughter. "Where's father?" Maybelle asked. Anastaia looked away and Maybelle followed her gaze to Roman, who was lying on the ground with a pool of blood surrounding him. "He couldn't survive his wounds. He fought bravely. With honor." Anastasia told her and Maybelle shook her head. "No, mother. None of you fought with honor." Maybelle told her. "What the hell happened?" Mandy asked as she looked around and Zane smiled at his fiance. "Maybelle happened." Zane replied and she smiled back at him. "Whatever do you mean?" Anastasia asked. "Maybelle was the only one who could use the item to destroy the Humans and save all of us." Zane replied. "The only one?" Anastasia asked in shock. "Yes." Zane replied. Maybelle felt embarrassed. "I highly doubt that." Mandy commented. "Why? Perhaps my daughter is just special." Anastasia suggested. "No Pegasus is special!" Mandy exclaimed. "You got that backwards, no Dragon is special!" Anastasia exclaimed.
       Maybelle sighed and stepped in-between the two of them. "Enough! The humans are gone, but we don't need to try and kill each other anymore. We can be allies, and maybe even friends." Maybelle told them. There was a moment of silence when Evelyn walked up to her and gave her a hug. "I'm so proud of you!" Evelyn exclaimed. "Thank you." Maybelle commented as they hugged. "I'm in." Luna told her and she smiled. "So am I." Alexa agreed. "Me too." Henry agreed. "As am I." Neal added. His brother and sister and parents looked at him. "Excuse me?" Christopher asked. "We need to make a change. Start a new." Neal replied. "This is not happening." Sabrina commented as she crossed her arms. "What about our engagement?" Jake asked. "We're not engaged, Jake. I will never marry you." Maybelle told him. "So, you're choosing a filthy Dragon over an Amazing Peagus?" Jake asked. "He's is kind and humble, while you're selfish and self centered. I will always choose Zane, always." Maybelle replied and he glared at her. Maybelle looked at Zane and they both smiled at one another.
       "We can never be friends, Peagus. We never have and never will." John told her. But his wife, Melissa was intrigued. "Why do you believe this? Just because of your feelings for a young Dragon?" Melissa asked and she shook her head. "No. When I first met Zane I thought he was a human and he thought the same about me. But even after we found out the truth, we managed to get past it. Because it's not Peagus vs. Dragons. It's us vs. Humanity, and we won." Maybelle replied. "Look, Dragons and Pegasus are both so powerful separately, but we're even more powerful together. For five minutes, we stopped fighting each other and fought the bigger threat and we are better for it. Now it's time to make that a permanent thing, because we all need to do better. It's not going to be easy, May and I already knew this when we decided to stand for what we believe in and make a change." Zane exclaimed. "But change doesn't just happen with two fools in love." Sabrina told him. "No, change happens when two people have passion in their hearts, and can start bringing more peopld to their cause." Zane told her. "And they have." Evelyn agreed. Evelyn, Luna, Neal, Alexa, and Henry stood behind them. "You're not going to backdown, are you son?" Mandy asked and Zane shook his head. "Never." Zane replied and she smiled. "I am so proud of you.... You are just like your father." Mandy told him, causing him to smile as well. "I use to not know better, just like all of you." Zane commented. "We all were the same way." Maybelle agreed. There was a moment of silence as they decided what to say next to get them to understand. "It's time to make a change, and be that change we want to see in the world." Zane told them. Maybelle grinned as she squeezed his hand, causing him to look over at her and they locked eyes. "I love you. More than anything." Maybelle told him. "I love you too. More than anything." Zane agreed.
       Zane gave Maybelle a look and she immediately nodded. Maybelle used her ice powers to make a hill out of snow. She walked up with Zane, hand in hand. Maybelle felt nervous as her heart pounded. She turned to her fiance and shook her head. "I can't do this, Zane. I'm not the Queen that they want." Maybelle told him. "Not yet, but you are the Queen that they need." Zane told her. He kissed her passionately and she took a deep breathe and turned back to her subjects. "This war is over, it is time to find peace! Together! Time for a new age! One with less bloodshed and less loss! The war between our kinds have taken enough from us! Don't let your own person feelings let it take more! We are no longer seperated as two, but united as one! Listen to our hearts, and do what we know is right!" Maybelle explained. There was a moment of silence as everyone thought about it. Their friends began clepping, than their moms, than everyone else. They boyh grinned as they looked down on theor two nations. Anastasia took off her tiara and handed it to Zane. "This is your new Queen!" Zane explained as he placed the tiara on her head. Zane looked at her dead father and walked down, motioning her fiance to stay where he was. She grabbed her father crown, which had fallen on the ground, and walked back up the small hill. "And thiz is your new King!" Maybelle explained as she placed the crown on his head. They faced each other and Zane pushed a lock of hair behind her ear as she blushed. Then they leaned in and kissed passionately.