Chapter 28: Bloody Battlefield!

Maybelle paced as thoughts whirled around her mind. Her heart pounded in her chest. Evelyn walked over to her. "It will be okay." Evelyn told you. "You do not know that." Maybelle told her and Evelyn took a deep breathe. Evelyn stopped Maybelle and she sighed. "May." Evelyn commented as tears appeared in Maybelle's eyes. "People are dying, and it is all my  fault." Maybelle told her and Evelyn pushed her eyebrows together. "Why do you say that?" Evelyn asked as tears rolled down Maybelle's cheeks. "Because I wanted the world to know about my relationship with Zane, and I wanted them to know.... That this silly feud was foolish." Maybelle replied and Evelyn shook her head. "Listen, Maybelle. This is not your fault. It is not." Evelyn told her and Maybelle closed her eyes. "Then why do I feel like I just failed the people I am destined to protect?" Maybelle asked. She opened her eyes back up and locked eyes with her best friend. "Because your heart is big, and your heart is true. You feel the weight of the world on your shoulders, but as your best friend it's my job to tell you that you do not. This was only bound to happen, and deep in your soul you know that too." Evelyn explained. Maybelle took a deep breathe and wiped her tears away. "I know, I know.... Thank you, Eve, for everything. I love you." Maybelle told her and Evelyn smiled. "You are welcome, and I love you too." Evelyn told her and they hugged. 
     Zane paced when Alexa walked up to him. "Hey." Alexa greeted. "Hi." Zane greeted. "Your mom will be fine, Zane. She is tougher then she looks. I am sure she will be fine." Alexa told him and Zane sighed. "It is not just that." Zane told her. "Then what is it?" Alexa asked. "It is my mother, my relationship with Maybelle, the war, and everything in between." Zane replied as Henry walked over to them. "You can figure this out, you always do." Henry told him. "How, Henry?" Zane asked. "I do not know, that is your job to come up with the fix it plan." Henry replied and Zane sighed. I need to see Maybelle." Zane told them. "Will Prince Christopher let you go?" Alexa asked. "I do not know." Zane replied. "I mean, everyone is pretty mad at you." Henry told them. "And they are probably just as mad at Maybelle, but are not showing it because she is their Princess and future Queen." Alexa added and Henry nodded. "That is probably pretty accurate." Henry agreed and Zane shook his head. "Luckily, we have a Prince on our side." Zane told them. "So, what is the plan?" Henry asked. "I will see if Neal can talk to his brother, and the three of us will fly to the mountains." Zane replied and they nodded. "Sounds good to me." Alexa agreed. Alexa and Henry waited as Zane walked over and talked to Neal. 
     Isabella scratched Mandy in the face, as Mandy screamed in pain. Mandy jumped on Isabella. Isabella's head hit a rock, and it started bleeding. But she was still conscious, barely. Isabella's head and heart were both pounding, fast and hard. Mandy dug her claws into Isabella's chest, as blood just oozed everywhere. Mandy got off of her, Isabella's blood on her scales. Isabella's eyes slowly closed, and her chest stopped moving. Mandy hated the fact that she took a life, but it made her feel better that it was a Pegasus that she had killed. One less Pegasus in the world. It was a Pegasus that killed her husband, after all. Mandy looked at her King, John, were was still laying on the ground, dead. They lost someone important today, all because her son wanted to date the Princess of Pegasus. She still loved him, of course, but she was so furious at him right now. A Pegasus warrior jumped on her, and she began fighting the Pegasus back. 
      Zane, Alexa, and Henry flew to the mountains as everyone starred at them, keeping their distances. They transformed into humans and Maybelle and Evelyn did the same. Maybelle ran over to Zane and jumped into his arms as he held her tight. "Are you alright?" Zane asked. "I am now that you are here." Maybelle replied as they pulled apart from the hug. "I love you." Zane told her and she smiled as she gave him a gentle kiss on the lips. "I love you too." Maybelle told him. "How do we stop all of this?" Evelyn asked. "We are figuring that out, hopefully." Alexa replied. "You said you had a friend who was a Prince, right?" Maybelle asked and Zane nodded. "Yes." Zane replied. "Get him, we will need his help." Maybelle told him. "What are you thinking?" Henry asked. "That we will need a lot of royal power to finally stop this war." Maybelle replied and Zane smiled. "I love the way you think." Zane told her and she blushed. "We will need all the help we can get, so I will get Luna. Isabella is already fighting in the war, so she can help us once we get there." Luna told them. "Can we trust someone fighting in the war?" Henry asked. "Yes, she has been helping us this whole time." Lunas replied. "Then why is she participating in  the war if she does not believe in the cause?" Alexa asked and Maybelle sighed. "Because she must do whatever my father says."  Maybelle replied. "That is understandable." Henry agreed. "But she is a dear friend, she is a good Pegasus." Maybelle told them and they nodded. "We will meet where everyone is." Zane told them. "Okay." Maybelle agreed and they all went their separate ways. 
       Maybelle, Evelyn, and Luna flew toward the war at the same time as Zane, Alexa, Henry, and Neal did. There was blood everywhere, almost like a full on blood bath. This battle has gotten on long enough. They all landed, but no one seemed to notice them. They all tried to scream, and get their attention, but nothing seemed to work. The group heard a noise and turned around to see a bunch of humans from the village walking toward them with shields and swords. They all gasped, not fully understanding what is going on. They noticed everyone else was quiet as well, and that they were facing the gathered humans too. "What is the meaning of this?" Roman asked as he stepped forward. "We are not going to let you take over our world." Max replied. Melissa locked eyes with her son and sighed as she shook her head. She then focused back on the angry humans. "What are you saying?" Melissa asked. "That we are going to end both of your species." Sara replied. The Pegasus and Dragons glared at the group of humans.