Chapter 2: Dragons!

Dragons live in the caves. There are two caves in the woods. The king, queen, and princes, and princess have their own cave, while their subjects have their own cave to share. They spend most of their time in Dragon form, only going in human form when necessary. But Zane liked human form, he liked dragons form just as much. The only reason he likes his human form, is because he doesn't know much about it and it intrigues him. He's always eager to learn. He was just a peasant, not royalty at all. He had mom, but his dad died when he was a baby. He died from a Pegasus. Zane always wanted to avenge his dad, because Pegasus are no good, so he thinks. That's how his mom feels, that's how all Dragons feel. He never thinks much about Pegasus, not that they could be good, he just see's them as inconvenient monsters. Zane was fierce, and dreamed to become a Dragon Warrior. Then he can fight alongside other dragons and one day defeat all Pagasus. But that will probably never happen. His mom is really worried and cautious, especially when it's about him. She wants him to lead a safe life. To just be a member of this clan, and not become a warrior. But that's his dream.
      It was early, and Zane was sleeping. A few feet away, a girl and boy dragon stood up. They tip toed toward the exit of the cave. The girl nudged the boy to keep moving, as she walked to Zane and nudged him awake. Zane opened his eyes and sighed at who he saw. "Why are you up so early, Alexa?" Zane asked. "Meet me and Henry outside." Alexa told me. She walked outside and Zane sighed as he roused up. He quietly walked outside and saw Alexa and Henry in their human forms. Zane transformed as well and looked at them. "What's going on?" Zane asked. "You've always wanted to explore." Alexa replied with a grin. "My mom will freak out if I'm too far away." Zane told her. "That's why we're just going to explore the forest." Henry told him and he smiled. "Let's do it." Zane agreed. Zane started walking away as Henry looked at Alexa. "He doesn't like you the way you like him." Henry told her. "I know." Alexa agreed, sadly. Alexa sighed as she followed him. Henry watched Alexa walking away. "And you'll never like me the way I like you." Zane muttered. Then he followed them as well.
     Zane was looking at all the trees. He was quite a handsome Dragon. He is black and blue with spikes around him and deep blue eyes. He was quote a fiercesome Dragon. If it wasn't for his mothers fear, he could become a warrior Dragon. "Humans amaze me." Zane commented and Alexa laughed. Alexa hates humans more then Pegasus, she doesn't like being in human form, but she will for Zane. "Why?" Alexa asked. "Because humans are full of wonder, yet they can't see past the tree and they can't sore in the sky or spit fire. Or have any magic powers at all. Yet they are still so wondrous and imaginative." Zane replied. Alexa smiled as she looked at him. "So are you." Alexa told him. Zane looked at her and they locked eyes. "Thanks, Lexa." Zane commented. "You're welcome." Alexa commented as she watched him walk away. She caught up with him. Henry sighed as he followed.
      The trio walked back to the caves when Mandy, Zane's mom, stood up in her brown dress, and ran up to them and transformed herself into a human. "Where have you been, Zane?" Mandy asked and Zane sighed. "I was exploring the forest." Zane replied. "That's crazy, Zane! Pegasus could come and try to take over our forest!" Mandy exclaimed. "And if they do, I'll show them who they superior species is." Zane told her. "Why are you in human form anyway?" Mandy asked. "It's easier to explore the ground this way." Zane replied and Mandy sighed. "Come and start the fire." Mandy told him. "Fine." Zane agreed. Mandy stopped him from walking past her. "Transform." Mandy ordered. Zane transformed into a Dragon, followed by his friends and mom. Zane walked past her and blew fire into the fireplace and sat in front of it.
      All the dragons stood in a really long line. It was curved into an oval. Then guards of the royal cave slme with the king, queen, and princes, and princess following. King John, Queen Melissa, Prince Christopher, Prince Neal, and Princess Sabrina. Christopher will be the next King of Dragons, and the next Queen will be whoever the current king and Queen choose for Christopher to marry. Royals never get to choose their bride or groom. "The hunt for my oldest sons future bride is now on going. It has to be a Dragon that comes from a nice and rich family. You will be called to meet my son, Prince Christopher, if we think you are appropriate for our son, and your future King." John explained. John, Melinssa, Christopher, and Neal walked away as all the Dragons went their separate ways. Sabrina walked up to Zane, with Alexa and Henry next to him. "Hi." Sabrina greeted. "Hi, your majesty." Zane greeted as he bowed. Sabrina laughed as he straightened back up. "Call me Sabrina." Sabrina told him. "Okay, Sabrina." Zane agreed. Alexa looked at Zane with sadness. Henry hated seeing Alexa falling for Zane. "I'll see you guys later." Henry told them. "Okay." Zane agreed as Henry walked away. Sabrina smiled as she looked at Zane. "Do you want to take a flight?" Sabrina asked and Zane smiled. "I would love to." Zane replied. He took her hand and flew off.
    Zane and Sabrina flew in the sky side by side. "What is your name, kind sir?" Sabrina asked with a smirk and Zane laughed. "It's Zane, Milady." Zane replied. "You're very handsome. I love fierce Dragons." Sabrina told him. "Thsnk you, and you are very beautiful." Zane commented. "Are you interested in becoming a warrior?" Sabrina asked and Zane sighed. "That's all I've ever wanted, but my mom would never allow it." Zane replied. "She can't run your life forever, you're an adult now anyways." Sabrina replied. "I know, it's just complicated." Zane told her. They both landed and transformed into their human forms. "Walk me home?" Sabrina asked. "I would love to." Zane replied. Sabrina took Zane's hand and they started walking away.