Chapter 11: Secret Relationship Part 1!

Maybelle looked around the village in her cloak. She had finally gotten away from the mountains, and for the first time in her life she feels free. She looked at all the buildings and people and their modern technology, she still doesn't know what these things are and she doesn't know how to ask the humans without them figuring out she's not one of them. She felt a hand on her shoulder and jumped as she spun around. She sighed when she saw Zane and he laughed. "Sorry, I did not mean to frighten you." Zane apologized and Maybelle smiled. "It's quite alright." Maybelle told him. Maybelle and Zane haven't told each other the truth about themselves, but they do know that they both have had a rough life. "How are things at your home?" Zane asked and Maybelle sighed. "I kind of stormed off, not quiet ready to go back yet." Maybelle replied. "The same thing happened to me." Zane told her. "At least we have a lot of common." Maybelle commented and Zane smiled as he held out his hand. "Care to join me for a walk?" Zane asked. "I would be happy to." Maybelle replied as she put her hand in his. They locked eyes before walking away.
       Maybelle and Zane sat on a bench. "You look beautiful." Zane told her and she grinned. "And you look very handsome." Maybelle told him and he smiled. "You know, Maybelle. I go through a lot at my home, and hear you do as well." Zane told her and she nodded. "I do." Maybelle agreed. "But when I'm with you, I forget all about my troubles. All I think about is you." Zane told her and she blushed. "Same goes for me." Maybelle agreed. "I am glad to hear." Zane commented. "At my home, I have so many responsibilities and my parents are pretty uptight. Everyday I'm afraid I'll turn into them, but when I'm with you I feel free and cared for. I do not feel that much at my home, and a lot goes on that I do not like, but I cannot control. Everyone is trying to decide my future and my fate, but I want to decide my own fate. I am my own person, that is the one thing my mother and father cannot figure out. But I am not some ditzy little girl, I am a strong and fierce women who you should not mess with. I just do not know how to show them yet." Maybelle explained. Zane took her hands and they locked eyes. "I know you are strong and fierce, and I believe that they will see it ok me day too." Zane told her. "I hope soon." Maybelle commented. "I am sure of it." Zane agreed and they hugged.
     Maybelle was in a nice opened space in the human village. She was waiting for Zane. He walked up to her with a smile as he held up a picnic basket. "I have it." Zane told her. "I cannot wait, I am starving." Maybelle told him and he laughed. Zane put out a blanket and they both sat down on it as Zane started taking out the food. "I made this especially for you." Zane told her. "You can cook?" Maybelle asked. "My mother taught me at a young age." Zane replied. "My parents will not teach me basic and useful skills." Maybelle told him as she frowned. "Why not?" Zane asked and she sighed. "It is complicated." Maybelle told him and he nodded. "Well, maybe I can teach you." Zane suggested and Maybelle smiled. "I would like that a lot." Maybelle agreed. "Then it is a date." Zane commented and Maybelle laughed.
      Maybelle and Zane finished their lunch. "Do you want to take a swim?" Maybelle asked. "I do not know how to swim." Zane replied and Maybelle smirked. "I can teach you." Maybelle suggested. "Have you ever taught anyone before?" Zane asked. "I taught myself." Maybelle replied. "You are good." Zane commented. "Is that a yes?" Maybelle replied. "Yes." Zane replied. "Perfect." Maybelle commented. She grabbed his hand and led him to an ocean. "Tomorrow, I am teaching you how to cook." Zane told her and she laughed. "Sounds like an idea." Maybelle agreed. Maybelle took off her cloak and walked into the water, getting her dress wet. She dived in, getting her hair wet too. She looked at Zane and held out her hand and motioned for him to follow. "Are you sure about this?" Zane asked. "Definitely." Maybelle replied and he nodded. "Alright." Zane agreed. He slowly walked into the water until he met up with her and grabbed her hand. She was in front of him as she held both of her hands and swam them deeper into the water. "Just kick your legs to get moving, and then once you are more in, you will keep your arms in movement as well." Maybelle told him. "I can do that." Zane agreed. She swam to the side of him and helped him float on his stomach. She nodded at him and he kicked his legs and moved his arms. "Even strokes." Maybelle told him. "This is not too hard." Zane commented. She let go of him and he started swimming on his own. She smiled as she watched him swim.
      It was getting late and they were out of the water now. They sat by the oceans edge and watched the sun set. "We should both probably get home soon." Zane suggested. "I am still not ready for that." Maybelle told him. "Neither am I." Zane agreed. "Do you want to camp out?" Maybelle asked and Zane smiled. "That is the best idea I heard in a long time." Zane replied. "Then it is settled." Maybelle commented as she stood up. She held out her hand and Zane took it as she helped him up. They locked eyes as their faces were inches apart. "Your eyes have a sparkle in them." Zane told her. "Well, yours have a twinkle." Maybelle told him. He backed away from her. "How about we go to the spot we have picnics?" Zane asked. "I am in." Maybelle replied. He took her hand and they walked away.