Chapter 15: Future King!

Maybelle left the village and walked back to the mountains. She turned into a Pegasus once she neared the mountains and flew to her where her and her parents stay. Her father flew down and landed in front of her. He looked firm and angry. "Where the hell have you been?" Roman asked. "I needed time to think." Maybelle replied. "For four days?" Roman asked and Maybelle nodded. "Yes." Maybelle replied. Anastasia ran to her daughter and hugged. "Are you insane?" Anastasia asked. "Maybe I am. Maybe I am just tired of everyone telling me what I have to do and who I am." Maybelle replied. "That is your job as Princess and future Queen." Roman told her. "Maybe for a moment, just a moment, I hated my life. I will never be the submissive princess who will do whatever her mother or father tell her, or do whatever the Pegasus she is forced to marry tells her. I am my own person, and I will make my own choices. I will marry whom you choose, and I will rule all Pegasus kind. But I will not be the Queen that will listen to her husband, I will be in charge and I will rule my people how I see fit." Maybelle explained. She starred at her father in the eyes for a moment as her mother watched nervously. No one has ever stood up to her father like this, not even her mother, and he did not like this at all.
    Maybelle was relaxing at the lake. Her father had flown away, he needed some time to cool down. Evelyn walked up and sat next to her. "Where have you been?" Evelyn asked. Maybelle looked around, making sure no one was around, and looked back at her best friend. "The village." Maybelle replied. "The human village?" Evelyn asked. "That is the one." Maybelle replied. "Where you there to meet that human again?" Evelyn asked with a smile and Maybelle sighed. "Yes, only I found out that he was not a human." Maybelle replied. Evelyn frowned and arched her eyebrows. "What do you mean, May?" Evelyn asked and Maybelle hid back tears. "He is a dragon, one who hates our kind." Maybelle replied and Evelyn gasped. "Are you serious?" Evelyn asked and Maybelle nodded. "I am." Maybelle replied. "What are you going to do?" Evelyn asked. "I cannot see him again, he is a dragon. He hates me now anyways." Maybelle replied. "If he loved you, then he cannot just hate you all of a sudden." Evelyn told her. "What are you saying?" Maybelle asked. "If anything, he hates that he loves you." Evelyn replied.
    Maybelle walked back to her parents and stood firm. She's not going to coward in her fathers presents like most Pegasus do. Another Pegasus slowly walked up to them and bowed. "Your majesties." Jake greeted. "You remember Jake, do you not?" Roman asked. "I do." Maybelle replied. "He is your future husband and your future King." Roman told her. "He is not my future King." Maybelle told him and Roman glared at his daughter. "This rebellious act, stops here." Roman told her. "It is more then that, and it will never stop." Maybelle told him. Anastasia sighed and stepped in between them, facing her daughter. "You should go and get to know Jake." Anastasia suggested and Maybelle nodded. "Alright." Maybelle agreed. Maybelle smiled at Jake and they flew away.
      Anastasia turned to her husband. "The fighting must stop." Anastasia told him. "It started because of your daughter. You need to raise her better." Roman told her. Anastasia couldn't believe what he was just said to her. "We are raising her, Roman. Not me, we." Anastasia told her. "I do not know how she has this fire inside her, you never did." Roman commented. Anastasia sighed, ignoring that comment. "Her birthday is soon, Roman. She will be eighteen, and out of our grasp. You will not be able to control her, as you wish. Her coronation is on her birthday, and her wedding will be the day after. Our rule will be over. You need to realize that, before we lose our little girl forever." Anastasia explained. He sighed as she walked away.
   Maybelle and Jake were flying as they talked, trying to get to know one another. "Where do you like to hang out?" Jake asked. "I am not telling you that." Maybelle replied. "Why not?" Jake asked. "I want one thing in my messed up life to be just for me." Maybelle replied and Jake nodded. "I can understand that." Jake agreed and Maybelle sighed. "No offense, Jake. But you do not understand, you cannot." Maybelle told him. "You are very hard to get to know." Jake told her. "So, I have been told." Maybelle agreed. "You do not want to marry me, do you?" Jake asked. "I guess it is that obvious." Maybelle replied. "Yeah, it is." Jake agreed. "I want to marry the guy I fell in love with." Maybelle told him and he looked at her suspiciously. "Fell? Like you already have?" Jake asked. "Of course not. I mean, if I were to fall in love." Maybelle replied and Jake nodded. There was a moment of silence as they landed. "Could you at least give me a chance?" Jake asked. Maybelle thought about it for a moment and sighed. "Yes, I can do that." Maybelle replied and Jake smiled.
    Maybelle saw Isabella and walked up to her. "Last I saw you, you told my parents that the Dragons are about to declare war." Maybelle commented and she nodded. "That is right, your majesty." Isabella agreed as she bowed. "Then why have they not?" Maybelle asked. "I do not know. They must have post poned it or something." Isabella replied. "You should know, you are the royal spy after all." Maybelle told her. "Do you want me to find out, your majesty?" Isabella asked. "No, Isabella. You are kind and a single mother to a little boy. Once I am Queen, you will not be forced to risk your life anymore." Maybelle replied. "That means a lot, your majesty." Isabella told her and bowed. "Of course." Maybelle commented. A little Pegasus boy ran over to them, stomping his hooves in the ground. "Princess Maybelle, this is my son, Theseus." Isabella greeted. Maybelle grinned as she bent down to look at him. Jake was not far away, watching her interaction with the small boy. "Hi, it is very nice to meet you." Maybelle greeted. "Are you really the Princess?" Theseus asked and Maybelle laughed. "Yes, I am." Maybelle replied. "You are really pretty." Theasus told her. "And you are really handsome." Maybelle told him and he grinned. "Thank you." Jake commented. Maybelle smiled at him one more time before walking away. She walked over to Jake. "What?" Maybelle asked and he smiled. "You are just really good with foals." Jake replied. Maybelle smiled at him and walked away as he watched her.