Chapter 21: Humans!

Human Village!
      Sara walked up to her boyfriends house and knocked. She waited impatiently when he opened it. "You do remember that you have a key, right?" Max asked. "I forgot it." Sara replied as she walked in and Max closed the door behind her. "I know you, and something's wrong." Max told her. They faced each other and Sara sighed. "We need to talk about last night." Sara told him and he sighed as he shook his head.  "I don't know, Sara." Max commented. "We both saw it. Those things." Sara told him and he nodded. Last night, they went camping. They got lost and ended up near the caves, where they saw Dragons. They ran until they made it near the mountains, which is where they were originally suppose to camp, when they saw Pegasus. "What do you suggest we do?" Max asked. "I don't know, but something. Our world is infected by these beasts." Sara told him. "They haven't hurt anyone." Max told her and she crossed her arms. "Yet. In time they will, Max. Then it'll be too late." Sara told him and he sighed. He looked down as she uncrossed her arms. There was a moment of silence and Max looked back up, locking eyes with his girlfriend. "You're right. Better be safe, then sorry." Max agreed. "Great. I think we should rally the team and make an army to attack them before they attack us." Sara explained. "No one will believe us." Max told her and she sighed. "You're probably right. Maybe just a leap of faith." Sara suggested. "I doubt it." Max told her. "Yeah, me too." Sara agreed. "We'll need proof. Hard proof." Max told her and she nodded. "Good idea. You go to the mountains and I'll go to the caves, and we'll take pictures with our phones." Sara suggested. "Do you think it'll work?" Max asked. "It has to." Sara replied. "But it's dangerous." Max told her. "I don't care, this is too important." Sara replied. "But separating. Sara, that's not a good idea." Max told her. "We don't have a choice, Max. We habe to save our world from those beasts." Sara told him and Max sighed. There was a moment of silence. "Fine." Max agreed. Sara smiled and kissed him. He took her hand and they left.
     Sara walked into the forest, leading to the caves. She heard noise as her heart pounded. She tried climbing up a tree, but failed. She landed on her back, and groaned. She sighed as she slowly stood back up. She walked closer to the noise. She heard talking and the ground shook a bit when they moved around a lot. She also heard what sounded like wings flapping. Wind blew her hair into her face, and she moved it away. She walked closer, but cautiously. She stopped when she saw large shadows. She looked up and saw three dragons talking and flapping their wings, hovering a few inches off the ground. There were two boy Dragons and a girl Dragon. They landed on the ground, resting their wings against their bodies.  She ran and hid behind a nearby bush. The Dragons quieted down, probably heard her. They started talking again, and she sighed in relief. Sara could understand the Dragons, which means they can talk as well as Humans. "You have to be careful if you continue this." The female commented. "I know, Alexa." One male agreed. "Are you sure this is wise, Zane?" Henry asked. "Probably not, Henry. But I love her." Zane replied. "Dragons and Pegasus are mortal enemies. If anyone finds out." Henry commented. "They will not, not yet. Not until we are ready to try and make peace. To bring our two worlds together." Zane told him. "And what about the Humans?" Alexa asked. "They do not know about us." Zane replied. "Yet." Alexa commented and Zane sighed. "One day, I hope all three kinds can live together in peaceful harmony. But as of right now, we must focus on Dragons and Pegasus." Zane explained. "I love the fact that you are a dreamer." Alexa told him. "I hope this works." Henry added. Alexa looked up from the bush and took a few pictures with her phone. She watched as they walked away and toward the caves. Alexa smliled and ran off.
       Max was walking near the mountains. Slowly and cautiously. He looked up a hill, where the mountains begin. His heart pounded. He was extremely nervous, and afraid he would get caught. He saw a young girl swimming in the lake, at the top of the hill. Another Human? Why was she so close to the Pegasus. She seemed sad. Did they kidnap her? Was Sara right, and they're really that evil? He needed to save her, without getting captured himself. But he didn't know how, or even where to start. But he couldn't just do nothing, and let the Pegasus get a way with kidnapping a girl. A Pegasus walked up to her and Max quickly hid behind a bush. He peeked over it and watched intently, hoping the Pegasus won't hurt the innocent, defenseless young women. The girl looked up and saw smiled. He was confused, why was she smiling? The girl got out of the lakeher hair dripping, and Max watched before his very eyes as the young women transformed into a Pegasus. He covered his mouth, hiding a gasp, as his eyes widened. He watched them, surprised. He lowered hid hand and watched the two girls talk. He could understand every word that came out of their mouths. "Human form again, Maybelle?" The girl asked and Maybelle laughed. "I know everyone prefers their normal form, Evelyn. I do too, but this lake is too narrow, I can only swim in it if I am in my human form." Maybelle explained. "Your parents are requesting you." Evelyn told her and Maybelle sighed. "They always are, and I am tired of it." Evelyn replied. "That is what happens when you are the Princess. I think they want to talk about your impending wedding." Evelyn told her. "I do not want to marry, I am in love with another." Maybelle told her. "I know, and hopefully we can finish what we are planning before your wedding." Evelyn agreed. Max took a couple photos and watched them walk away. He sighed and left.