Chapter 10: Alone Part 2!

Zane sat in the forest, by himself. Neal walked up to him. "Are you alright, Zane?" Neal asked. "Not really." Zane replied. "What happened?" Neal asked and Zane sighed. "Alexa hates me, Henry hates. I finally lashed out to my mother how I feel. Two lifelong friendships that are just gone now." Zane replied. "They are not gone, all friendships go through issues. So I have heard, you are my first friend." Neal told him and Zane looked up at him. "Seriously?" Zane asked. "Yes, it has hard to find a true friend when you are a Prince." Neal replied and Zane nodded. "I just feel so alone right now." Zane commented. "You are not, though." Neal told him. "Really?" Zane asked. "I am here for you, and you have your friends and your mother. Whether you can see it now or not." Neal told him. "Thank you." Zane commented and Neal smiled. "Of course, Zane." Neal agreed. "I just have never had a fight with Alexa, Henry, or my mother and now I am in the middle of a fight with each of them." Zane told him. "Maybe you should go talk to them." Neal suggested. "I tried to talk to Alexa and Henry, but they will not listen and I do not know what to say to my mother." Zane told him. "I am sure you will think of something." Neal told him. "I hope so." Zane agreed.
     Alexa walked up to Henry. "Hey, Henry." Alexa greeted. "Hi." Henry greeted. "I am still not talking to Zane and it has been really hard." Alexa told him. "Great." Henry commented. "What is wrong?" Alexa asked and Henry sighed. "Nothing, Alexa." Henry replied. "Henry, talk to me." Alexa told him. He looked at her. "You were right, Zane was completely oblivious about you. But you were completely obliviously about me." Henry replied. "What do you mean?" Alexa asked. "I am in love with you." Henry replied. "You are?" Alexa asked. "Yes." Henry replied. "Since when?" Alexa asked. "Since we were thirteen. I do not know how it happened, but it did." Henry replied and Alexa sighed. She put her head down while there was a moment of silence and she looked back up at her. "I never knew." Alexa told him and he nodded. "I know." Henry agreed. "Are you angry with me?" Alexa asked. "As angry as you are with Zane." Henry replied. "Henry." Alexa commented. "I will see you around." Henry told her and flew away.
      Zane flew next to Henry. "Hey, could we talk?" Zane asked. "Maybe later." Henry replied as he walked away. Zane sigher and followed him. "Come on, Henry. We have been friends since we hatched from eggs." Zane told him. "I know, Zane." Henry agreed. "So, could we please just forget this and make up?" Zane asked and Henry sighed. "I know it is not your fault that Alexa liked you and not me, but I just need a little more time before we can be friends again." Henry replied and Zane nodded. "Okay, Henry." Zane agreed. "Thank you for understanding." Henry commented. Zane noticed Alexa and walked up to her. "Good to see you." Zane commented and she nodded. "Yes, the same with you." Alexa agreed. "Do you think we can talk?" Zane asked. "No, Zane. We cannot." Alexa replied. "Please, Alexa." Zane begged. "I just cannot handle this right now. Let me figure some things out on my own, Zane. Please." Alexa tod hom and he sighed. "Okay, I will." Zane agreed and he walked away.
      Zane walked up to his mom. "Hi, mom." Zane greeted. "Hello, dear." Mandy greeted. "Look, mom. I am really sorry about yesterday." Zane apologized and she looked over at him. "You are?" Mandy asked and Zane nodded. "Yes, I should not have told you how I felt in that manner." Zane replied. "But that is how you feel?" Mandy asked and Zane sighed. "Yes, mom." Zane replied. "I see." Mandy commented. "It is not personal. It is just complicated." Zane told her. "Well, you can do whatever you want." Mandy told him. "Do not be like that, mother." Zane told her. "You should be happy, I will not be suffocating you anymore." Mandy told him. She walked out of the cave and he sighed.
      Zane walked up to his mom late at night. "You want to be like this, fine. Be like this, but just so you know.... I am tired of being treated like I am five and cannot take care of myself. I am almost an adult and I can take care of myself. If I want to train to become a Warrior Dragon, then I can and I will. You cannot and will not control me for the rest of my life." Zane explained and Mandy sighed. "You are right, all I want to do is protect you." Mandy told him. "I know, and it really is sweet of you, mom. But I can handle myself, I really can. I love you, more then anything. But I need you to trust me." Zane explained and Mandy smiled. "I do trust you, Zane. I may not always like your choices, but I will accept them." Mandy told him and he smiled. "Thank you, mom." Zane commented. "I love you, dear." Mandy told him. "I love you too." Zane agreed. They both smiled as they hugged.
    Zane woke up in the forest, instead of the caves. He needed to get away from his friends for a little bit. Too much drama, and he couldn't handle it anymore. He was at the edge of the forest and looked at the opem groubd. This was the edge of the Dragon territory, and he thought that walking across it could help a lot. He can leave his troubles behind and maybe he can finally be happy. He loves his mom and his friends, but he it's not like he'll never come back. He just needs a little time away, a breather, a break. He looked back at the forest that led to the caves. He transformed into his human form and took a deep breathe before he ran far from the territory.