Chapter 18: Love is Love Part 2!

Zane walked through the Human Village. He found Maybelle sitting on a  bench and he smiled to himself. Maybelle looked up and smiled at him as she stood up. He walked over to her and she kissed him passionately. "What was that for?" Zane asked. "Because I love you." Maybelle replied. Zane could tell something was the matter with her. "What is wrong?" Zane asked and Maybelle sighed as she stepped back from him. "You can get in a lot of trouble." Maybelle told him in tears and he nodded. "I know." Zane agreed. "Then why would you risk everything for me?" Maybelle asked. "Because you are something special." Zane replied. "No. I am nothing special." Maybelle told him. "You are, Maybelle." Zane told her and she smiled. "We can never be together.... Unless." Maybelle commented. "Unless what?" Zane asked. There was a moment of silence as Maybelle grabbed his hand. "Unless we make a change. It is up to us, Zane." Maybelle replied and he nodded. "I am in. What do we do?" Zane asked. "I do not know yet." Maybelle replied. "We could just walk through the forest and mountains holdings hands." Zane suggested. "That is a bold statement." Maybelle commented. "That is the point." Zane agreed. "If we do anything that bold, it will cause a war." Maybelle told him. "A war is coming either way." Zane told her. "I know that, Zane. But the war cannot come to pass quite yet." Maybelle told him. "You may be right." Zane agreed. "But we have to do something, and I believe we can figure that out together." Maybelle told him and he smiled. "And we will." Zane agreed.

      Maybelle found both Evelyn and Luna and led them to the lake. "What is this about?" Evelyn asked. "A war between us and the Dragons might be approaching, and we need to work together to make peace and unite our two kingdoms." Maybelle replied. "It will never be complete peace. One kingdom will always wish to dominate over the other." Luna told her and she sighed. "But it does not have to be that way. We are more alike then we are different, we just have to make them see that." Maybelle told her. "Are you working with Zane to form a plan?" Luna asked and Maybelle nodded. "I am, we both want the same thing." Maybelle replied. "You just want to be with him out in the open." Luna told her. "That is what gave me the idea, but there is more that I want. I think we can make a better future, for all of us." Maybelle told her. "I'm in." Evelyn agreed. "Really?" Luna asked. "Yes." Evelyn replied and Luna sighed. "Alright." Luna agreed.

     Zane locked eyes with Alexa and Henry and motioned for them to follow him. He led them to the forest where they met up with Neal. "What is this all about?" Neal asked. "Maybelle and I are working together to create peace between our two kingdoms." Zane replied. "Are you serious?" Henry asked and Zane nodded. "Yes." Zane replied. "Will it work?" Alexa asked. "We hope so." Zane replied. "And if not?" Henry asked. "We will deal with it then." Zane replied and Henry sighed. "I love your idea." Neal agreed. "Really? Are you sure?" Zane asked and Neal nodded. "I am positive, Zane. I am tired of not being able to be who I am at heart." Neal replied and Zane smiled. "Petfect." Zane commented. "I'm in too." Alexa agreed and Henry sighed. "Are you sure this is what you think is best?" Henry asked and Zane nodded. "Yes, with all my heart." Zane replied. "Then I trust you, Zane." Henry told him and he smiled.

     Evelyn and Luna walked across the mountains. "Her plan will never work." Luna commented. "I believe in her." Evelyn told her and Luna sighed. "I know she is your best friend and our future Queen. But I do not think we can ever be in peace with the Dragons." Luna told her and Evelyn nodded. "There is a first time for everything." Evelyn told her. "Perhaps." Luna agreed. Evelyn stopped walking and faced Luna. "This feud has gone on long enough. It is time to live in harmony." Evelyn told her. "Eve, we have a future Queen and they have a future King. Will they rule together or choose one to rule?" Luna asked and Evelyn sighed. "Honestly, I do not know. But maybe they can marry whom they choose and be happy. They deserve to be just as happy as us peasants." Evelyn replied and Luna nodded. "You truly believe in her?" Luna asked. "With my life, and I trust her. I will follow her anywhere." Evelyn replied. "And I trust you. If you follow her, I will follow too." Luna agreed and Evelyn smiled. "I want to kiss you." Evelyn told her and Luna laughed. "We do not want to get caught, do we?" Luna asked. "No, until next time." Evelyn replied. Evelyn walked away as Luna grinned.

     Alexa and Henry sitting near the caves. He saw Zane talking to his mom. Neal had already went back to the Royal Family. "I trust Zane, I do." Henry told her and she sighed. "But?" Alexa asked. "It is a long shot." Henry replied and Alexa nodded. "It is." Alexa agreed. "Then why are we doing this? Because Zane is in love with our enemy?" Henry asked. "Not just because of that, but also because they both see a world with no more bloodshed. A world where no one has to die, and I have to believe that they're right." Alexa replied. "I get that, and I want them to be right as well." Henry told her. "But?" Alexa asked and he sighed. "I do not see the same future. I also do not know or trust this Maybelle girl." Henry replied. "Then do not trust her, trust Zane." Alexa told him and he nodded. "You are right." Henry agreed. He put his hand ontop of her's and they smiled at one another.