Chapter 29: Mystical Orb!

Maybelle looked at one another. Then Sara ran toward Maybelle, slicing her face with a sword. Zane grabbed Sara and threw her back. Then he helped her up. "I am fine." Maybelle told him. "I know you are." Zane agreed. "Attack!" Max called and all of the humans ran toward the Dragons and Pegasus. Max helped Sara up and she sighed. "You okay?" Max asked. "Yeah." Sara replied. Max ran toward Henry and Alexa attacked Sara. Neal grabbed Zane and pulled him aside. "What is it, Neal?" Zane asked and Neal side. "I have studied humans, and the most important thing I learned is that if they rise up against us...." Neal commented. Neal wasn't sure how to tell Zane the awful truth, but he had to know the danger at hand. "What?" Zane asked. "They will not stop trying to kill us, until everyone last one of us is dead." Neal replied and Zane sighed. "Then what can we do?" Zane asked. There was a moment of silence as Neal thought about it. Then a thought came to him. "I heard about something. It is a long shot, it might be a myth for all we know." Neal told him. "But it is the only option we have at this point." Zane commented and he nodded. "Sees like it." Neal agreed. "Okay, I am in. What is this thing that may or may not be a myth?" Zane asked. "A Mystical Orb. It is the only way to defeat the humans before they defeat us." Neal replied and Zane nodded. "Okay." Zane agreed. "You and Maybelle need to go get it and bring it back." Neal told him. "Why us?" Zane asked. "Because you are the only ones who can save us all. It has to be the two of you." Neal replied and Zane nodded. "Where is it?" Zane asked. "In a place called 'The Island of Magic.' The legend says it should not  be too far, if you fly nonstop." Neal replied. Now was the question that made him afraid. "What does it do?" Zane asked. "It will eliminate a complete species." Neal replied and Zane widened his eyes. 
       Zane turned around and saw Maybelle was fighting a human, in human form. Maybelle punched Rodger in the face, and Rodger swung his sword at her head. Zane transformed into his human form and began running toward, but then Maybelle three ice at it, turning it into an ice sculpture. Zane stopped and watched with a smile. Rodger dropped the blade of the sword, since it was a lot of heavier now, but kept his hands on the handle as he tried to pick it back up. Maybelle stepped on the sword with force, shattering it. Then she elbowed him in the eye and kicked him in the stomach, causing him to fly backwards and land on his back, with a thud. Zane walked over to her. "Impressive." Zane commented and Maybelle grinned. "Thank you." Maybelle commented. "We have to go." Zane told her with a serious face and Maybelle frowned. "Why?" Maybelle asked. "I will explain on the way." Zane replied. He transformed back into a Dragon and Maybelle transformed back into a Pegasus. They both flapped their wings and flew into the sky. 
      "That sounds extremely dangerous." Maybelle told him as they flew as far and as fast as they could. "It is, but we have no other choice." Zane told her. "There is always another choice, Zane." Maybelle told him and he sighed. "Perhaps, but we do not have time to find it." Zane told her. "Can we not try and reason with them?" Maybelle asked. "I think they are past reasoning." Zane replied. "You do not know that. They think we are a threat, all we have to do is convince them we are not." Maybelle told him. "But they are.... Look, May. We will bring the orb as a last resort. If we cannot reason with them, alright?" Zane asked and Maybelle sighed. Maybelle knew in her soul that there may be no other choice, she just hoped it wouldn't come down to that. "Alright." Maybelle replied as they kept flying. 
    They were flying in silence. Maybelle knew that in the end she would have to make the final decision. She is going to be Queen soon, and she has to protect her people at all costs. Plus, if Zane and her get married then the Dragons will be her subjects as well. But how can she live with herself if she does something this drastic? Will it be worth it? Or will that make her a terrible Pegasus and a terrible Queen. She doesn't know what to do,  but she doesn't have much time to figure it out. Zane look over it and grabbed her hoove with his claw. "Hey, I am right here." Zane told her and she gave him a small smile. "I know, and I love you for that." Maybelle told her. "I will always love and support you." Zane told her. "I know that too, I do. This is just really hard for me." Maybelle told him. "I know." Zane agreed. "What if I cannot reason with them, Zane?"  Maybelle asked. "If you cannot, then they are a lost cause. But.... I will support any decision you make. I know you will make the right choice." Zane told her and she nodded as she held back tears. "I hope you are right." Maybelle agreed. 
      Finally, Maybelle and Zane landed on the Island of Magic. It's called that because it is where you can find any magical item you may need. It also looked mystical. They transformed into humans as soon as their feet touched the ground. "Where is it?" Maybelle asked as Zane took a look around. "Neal did not say, I do not think he knows." Zane replied and Maybelle sighed. "We do mot have much time." Maybelle told him and he sighed. "I know." Zane agreed. They split up and began searching the island as fast and thorough as they could. Maybelle found a small cottage with a sign that said 'danger' on the door. With how dangerous this orb is suppose to be, she figured that's where it will be. It makes complete since. She looked around the area and then slowly walked in. She turned on the lights and saw all of the dangerous and magical objects. She knew that she had to be careful while she was looking for this mystical orb, because she doesn't know what strange and bad things could happen if she accidentally sets one of them off. She examined each one very closely.  She walked all the way to the back wall and saw a glass case with a pure white orb. Maybelle punched the glass, shielding her face from the flying broken shards. "Maybelle!" Zane called. Maybelle ignored him as she starred at the orb. She reached for it just as Zane ran in there. A white light flashed through out the cottage and the entire island, and Zane closed his eyes from it. Maybelle's eyes flashed white for a moment as she felt so much power within her. The white light disappeared and Zane opened eyes again to watch Maybelle pass out.