Chapter 6: Viallege Part 2!

Zane had a long and stressful day. His mom gave him even more jobs then usual. More then just firewood and fire. He sighed as he snuck off into the forest. He didn't realize that Alexa and Henry had followed him. After walking a little further into the forest, he stopped, putting his hand on a tree bark, and sighed. "Stressful day?" Henry asked with a smirk. Zane jumped and spun around to see his friends. He sighed in relief. "Yeah, really stressful." Zane replied. Alexa smiled as he walked up to her. She put a hand on his shoulder and Henry frowned. "It will be okay, Zane. Things may seem hard right now, but it will all work out at the end." Alexa told him. "How do you know?" Zane asked and she smiled. "Because I have faith." Alexa replied and Zane laughed. Neal walked up to them. "Hey, Neal." Zane greeted. "Hey." Neal greeted. "What brings you out in the forest?" Zane asked. "I have been out here all day, I just needed to get away for a bit." Neal replied. "But you are a royal. A prince." Henry commented. "That does not mean it is easy." Neal told him. "Perhaps." Henry agreed. "I should go, my parents will start wondering soon. Or maybe not, Christopher is the important one right now." Neal told them. "Are you okay?" Zane asked and Neal nodded. "I will be." Neal replied as he walked away.

     Maybelle flew past the Pegasus until she reached the lake. Evelyn was already standing there and smiled. "Hey." Evelyn greeted. "Hi." Maybelle greeted with a frown. "What is the matter?" Evelyn asked and Maybelle sighed. "I have had the worst day." Maybelle replied. "What happened?" Evelyn asked. "My parents happened." Maybelle replied. They looked over to another Pegasus walking toward them. "Maybelle, this is Luna. Luna, this is Princess Maybelle." Evelyn introduced and Luna grinned as she bowed. "You really have been hanging out with the princess." Luna commented and Evelyn laughed. "Please, call me Maybelle." Maybelle told her and Luna nodded. "Of course." Luna agreed. "Is it time?" Maybelle asked. "Yes." Luna replied. "Time for what?" Maybelle asked. Maybelle looked at Luna and back at the princess. "You are my friend, and I trust you. Are you able to keep a secret?" Evelyn asked. "Of course." Maybelle replied. "Luna and I secretly dating." Evelyn replied as Maybelle's eyes widened. They have to secretly date, because lesbian and gay couples are forbidden among Pegasus and Dragons. "Wow." Maybelle commented. "Will you please not tell anyone?" Evelyn asked. "Of course." Maybelle replied and Evelyn smiled. "Thank you." Evelyn commented. Maybelle watched as the two of them walked away, side by side.

      Zane looked at Alexa as Zane, Alexa, and Henry talked in the forest. "What do you think about Neal?" Zane asked. "The prince? He seems nice, for royalty." Alexa replied and Henry laughed. "He is, and I think you should get to know him." Zane told her. "What? Like a- a date?" Alexa asked and Zane smiled. "Exactly." Zane replied. "Why?" Alexa asked. "He mentioned that my friend was cute, and he had to be talking about you." Zane replied. "But he is the prince. I do not have a chance." Alexa told him. "A better chance then Christopher." Zane told him. "Still, no chance." Alexa commented. "You should give it a try." Zane told her and Alexa sighed. "Maybe." Alexa agreed. "I should go." Henry told them. "Why?" Zane asked. "It is getting late." Henry replied and Zane looked up at the sky. "Will you tell my mother that I am getting extra firewood and I will be there soon?" Zane asked. "Why? Where are you really going?" Henry asked and Zane sighed. "There is just someplace I must be." Zane replied. He turned around and flew away.

     Maybelle walked in the village in her human form. She saw Zane sitting on a bench outside of the building they were in the night before. Zane saw and stood up as she walked over to him. Maybelle took off the hood of her cloak. "I did not know if I was going to find you again." Zane told her. "I knew I would find you." Maybelle told him and he grinned. "Really? How?" Zane asked. "I had faith, which is not something that comes naturally to me." Maybelle replied. "Why not?" Zane asked and she sighed. "It is just complicated." Maybelle replied. "I understand that." Zane agreed. "You are not like anyone I have ever met." Maybelle told him and he smiled. "And you are not like anyone I have ever met." Zane agreed. "Do you want to be my boyfriend?" Maybelle asked. "You are not like most girls. You take charge and do not wait for a man to swoop in, do you not?" Zane asked. "I do." Maybelle replied. "I like that, and I would love to be your boyfriend." Zane replied and Maybelle grinned. Zane picked up a picnic basket from the bench and held it up. "Picnic?" Zane asked. "It sounds lovely." Maybelle replied.

   Maybelle and Zane found a nice place to spread out the blanket and start the picnic. "This is a nice spot." Maybelle commented. "The best place I found." Zane told her. "What did you bring?" Maybelle asked. "I did not know what you like, so I just grabbed the best I could find." Zane replied. He grabbed the food and drinks and spread them out. "It looks and smells delicious." Maybelle commented. "Thank you." Zane commented. "Where are you from?" Maybelle asked. "Not the Village." Zane replied. "Neither am I." Zane told her and she laughed. "Good to know." Maybelle commented. "I think that the bench we met at today should be our secret meeting place." Zane told her. "I think that is a wonderful idea." Maybelle agreed. "This place is different then where I am from." Zane told her. "Me too, a lot different." Maybelle agreed. "Where exactly are you from?" Zane asked. "I will tell you after we are together a little longer." Maybelle replied and Zane laughed. "Good idea." Zane agreed.