Chapter 20: Preparing for War!

Zane walked up to Henry. "We need to prepare for war." Zane told him. "Is it time?" Henry asked. "Not quite. Maybelle and I are forming a plan tonight. But we need to get ready, because it may be sooner then we hope." Zane told him and Henry nodded. "I trust you, Zane." Henry told him and Zane smiled. "That means a lot, Henry." Zane told him. "What do you want me to do?" Henry asked. "You need to get Alexa and Neal and get them to train in the forest." Zane replied and Henry nodded. "We will. Are you sure you do not need help?" Henry asked. "Maybelle and I are both appointing a second in command. She will bring her's tomorrow night and I will bring mine. I choose you." Zane replied and Henry smiled. "Really?" Henry asked. "Yes." Zane replied and they both smiled. "Who is Maybelle's second in command?" Henry asked. "Some girl named Evelyn. You and Evelyn will probably be working very closely together." Zane replied and Henry nodded. "I can do that." Henry agreed.

     Maybelle walkes up to Evelyn and Luna. The two of them have been spending even more time together. "Eve, may I have a word?" Maybelle asked. "Of course." Evelyn replied.  They walked several feet away. "Zane and I agreed we both need a second in command, and I choose you." Maybelle told him and Evelyn grinned. "Me?" Evelyn asked. "Yes, you are my best friend afterall." Maybelle replied. "I would love to." Evelyn told her. "Perfect. Tonight Zane and I are meeting and formulating a plan. Tomorrow I'm bringing you and he is bringing Henry." Maybelle told her. "Henry?" Evelyn asked. "A close friend of Zane's, the man he chose to be his second in command." Maybelle replied. "So, all four of us are meeting at the Human Village tomorrow?" Evelyn asked. "Precisely." Maybelle replied. "I'm in." Evelyn agreed and Maybelle laughed. "Good, you and Henry will probably be working rather closely together." Maybelle told her and Evelyn nodded. "Anything to help." Evelyn agreed.

     Alexa and Neal met in the forest. It was awkward and there was a moment of silence. "Your majesty." Alexa greeted. "Please, call me Neal." Neal told her and she nodded. "I suppose we should train." Alexa commented. "About time." Neal commented with a smirk. "Have you not trained before?" Alexa asked. "My parents were more concerned about my royal duties." Neal replied. "But you are not the future King, so why?" Alexa asked and Neal sighed. "Because I am still royalty and have royal responsibilities, whether I'm the heir to the throne or not." Neal replied and Alexa nodded. "I always loved training in my natural form." Alexa told him and he smiled. "You might be a natural at fighting." Neal told her and she laughed. "Hopefully. Maybe I can teach you a few things." Alexa suggested. "I am ready." Neal agreed. Henry walked over to them. "I am ready too." Henry agreed.

    Evelyn, Luna, and Isabella met below the hill. "Have you trained before, Isabella?" Evelyn asked. "Yes, I had to in order to become the royal spy." Isabella replied. "Who do you spy on?" Luna asked. "The Dragons, but I hate doing so. It is incredibly dangerous and I am a single mother to a small a boy." Isabella replied. "This is probably equally as dangerous." Luna told her and Isabella nodded. "At least now I am fighting for the right thing, and I trust my Princess can protect me." Isabella replied. "I just hope she is good on her word." Luna commented. "She is, trust me." Evelyn told her and Luna nodded. "She is our Princess, she deserves our pure faith and trust." Isabella told them. "We must train. We are all heading toward a war at lightning speed, and no one but us and a few Dragons knows that." Evelyn told them. "You are right, we must train before it is too late." Luna agreed.

      Maybelle walked up to their secret spot and waited. She knew Zane could get into a lot of trouble for associating with her, and that terrifies her. Zane could be executed by the King and Queen of Dragons. Maybelle is the Princess and future Queen of the Pegasus. She will get in serious trouble, but she will not lose her head. She stood up when Zane walked over. "I love you." Maybelle told him. "I love you too, but what is going on?" Zane asked and Maybelle sighed. "I am giving you an out." Maybelle replied. "What do you mean?" Zane asked. "You can get executed for doing this and helping me." Maybelle replied. Zane sighed and grabbed her hands. "We are helping each other. I want to do this, and I am not leaving you." Zane replied and Maybelle smiled. They kissed for a moment and then they sat down. "What is our plan?" Maybelle asked and Zane sighed. "The only plan I can think of is a bit risky, maybe more then a bit." Zane replied. "Any plan would be a bit risky." Maybelle told him and he nodded. "Well, we can start a war. You and Neal disappear and pretend like the other kingdom has kidnapped you. You both are very important, that will start a war. Then we will announce you guys are find." Zane commented. "And announce we are in love." Maybelle added. "I thought you said that was a bold statement." Zane commented with a smirk and Maybelle laughed. "I warmed up to the idea." Maybelle told him. "What then?" Zane asked. "We try to settle it peacefully." Maybelle replied. "And if we cannot?" Zane asked. "Then the trainings will come in to use, because a war would have started." Maybelle replied. "I do not want to start a war." Zane told her. "Neither do I, but that may not be able to be avoided." Maybelle replied and Zane sighed. "I think this is the best plan we can form." Zane told her and she nodded. "Most likely." Maybelle agreed. "When do we start?" Zane asked. "When everyone is ready." Maybelle replied.