Chapter 13: Secret Relationship Part 3!

Maybelle had told Zane she would have to think about what he had suggested. Running away and being together, because they could never be together in the real world. This almost seemed like a fairytale to her. A princess meets a strange boy from a different land, and they fall madly in love but can't be together. This would be the part of the fairytale where she has to make the choice. Does she leave with the love of her life? Or does she return to the mountains and fill out her duties as future Queen? She has always wanted to follow her heart, but she has a duty to her people and she takes her responsibilities very seriously. She doesn't know what to do. Every Princess has this problem once in their life, most Princesses at least. She looked over at Zane, who slept soundly. She sighed, knowing she had to get some rest as well. She laid down next to him and closed her eyes.
     Zane woke up before Maybelle. He decided to make breakfast for them and when Maybelle wakes up, the food will be ready. He went to the ocean to grab the fish, and used the swimming skills that Maybelle showed him, but it still took him longer then she took to retrieve the fish, and he had to kill them by hand. He took them back to the campsite, where he had already pulled up some more firewood into a pile. He pushed the stick through both fish and laid them down as he shot out some fire at the pile of wood. Luckily, Maybelle is currently sleeping. He laid the fish onto and sat down as he waited for the food to be done and for Maybelle to wake up.
    Maybelle opened her eyes and smiled at Zane as she smelt the fish cooking. "You are just in time, breakfast is ready." Zane told her. She giggled as she sat up. Zane took the fish out and gave one to her as he ate one himself. "This is delicious." Maybelle told him and he smiled. "Thank you." Zane commented. "How did you sleep?" Maybelle asked. "Pretty good, kind of restless." Zane replied. "We all have those nights." Maybelle commented. "I suppose.... And you?" Zane asked and Maybelle sighed. "Not good at all. I was up pretty late, thinking about what you suggested." Maybelle replied. "I have been thinking about it all morning, and I should not have dropped it on you like that." Zane told her. "It is very tempting, Zane. I just need a little more time to think about everything, but we know where to meet while I consider it. We will probably be meetinng up a few times anymore." Maybelle explained. "Do you want to stay in this carefree life a couple more days?" Zane asked and she nodded. "Definitely." Maybelle replied
Maybelle and Zane spent the morning just talking and laughing. "You really got in trouble for swimming?" Zane asked. "Yes, my mother said I have more important things to do with my time." Maybelle replied. "Well, my mother hardly lets me go anywhere. She wants to know where I am at all times." Zane told her. "We really have similar lives, do we not?" Maybelle asked. "I would say so." Zane replied. "Well, there is something in my life you do not have to worry about." Maybelle commented. "And what is that?" Zane asked. "Not important." Maybelle replied. "Do you have any friends back home?" Zane asked. "One. We only met recently, my father thinks friendship is unnecessary." Maybelle replied. "It is not." Zane told her and she nodded. "And you?" Maybelle asked. "I have two friends I have been close to my entire life. I also have a friend I just met not long ago." Zane replied. "Lucky you." Maybelle commented. "I am sort of in a fight with the two friends I have known my entire life." Zane told her. "Why?" Maybelle asked. "It is kind of complicated, I still do not completely understand it." Zane replied. "Do they know you come here to meet me?" Maybelle asked. "Yes, and they do not think it is a wise idea." Zane replied. "My friend thinks I should come here more often." Maybelle told him. "Really? Why is that?" Zane asked. "Because she wants me to have some freedom I never get, the kind she has. As long as I am happy and careful." Maybelle replied. "She seems like a good friend." Zane commented and Maybelle smiled. "She is." Maybelle agreed.
    Maybelle was by the oceans edge and Zane walked up to her. "Just gazing at the ocean?" Zane asked. "More or less." Maybelle replied. "It is not the weirdest thing I have seen." Zabe told her. Zane picked up a rock and threw it. They watched as the rock skipped in the water a few times and then fell down. "How did you do that?" Maybelle asked. "It is rather easy, I will show you." Zane replied. He picked up a rock and handed it to her as she accepted it. He went behind her and held her close. Maybelle smiled as heart was beating fast. He put one hand on her waist and used his ither hand to hold arm that held the rock. He put her in the right possession and helped her throw the rock in the right speed. They watched as it skipped before falling in. Maybelle jumped up excitedly and turned around to face him. She pulled him close and kissed him. They pulled away and he smiled.
     They were walking across the village as they held hands. They agreed to go back go their homes tomorrow, and they are not looking for it, but they know that they must. For now, at least. Maybelle still needs more time to think about running away with him. She really wants to, but she doesn't know if she can or if she should. Zane stopped walking, causing Maybelle to stop as well and they faced each other. "You should not wear that cloak all the time." Zane told her. "And why is that?" Maybelle asked. "Because the world deserves to be surrounded by your beauty." Zane replied repled as he took her hood off her head. "Really?" Maybelle asked. "Of course." Zane replied. She grinned as she untied the cloak and took it off. "Thank you, Zane." Maybelle commented. "I am only speaking the truth." Zane told her. They sat at a nearby bench as they held hands. Maybelle looked down at their interlocking hands and looked back up at him. "I love you." Maybelle told him and he smiled. "I love you too." Zane told her. They leaned in and kissed passionately.