Chapter 31

9th grade retreat

The first 3 weeks of freshmen year have gone ok, but now.. the principal of O'Farrell has let us know that there is this once a year tradition for freshmen to go into a 3 day camping trip for students and there homeroom teachers to get more along and create a bond

It sounded fun

they created an assembly to let the freshmen know about what was going to go down during the retreat.

we get good food

We get to chose our roommates

And it was going to be a once in a lifetime experience that can create special bonds with you and your homeroom class.

so me and my friends signed the permission slips and we were all on the list to go.

Unfortunately, my best friend Bryanna wasn't able to go since she went to Nogales.

my roommates were Alejandra , deja , Marialisa , Sophia and sahanna . The greatest group ever.

so basically now, the entire 9th grade was signed up to go.

The day was here , so of course my mom had to hug me and kiss my forehead goodbye.

We began to get into the bus , and it took about 4 hours or less I think but it felt like four hours to arrive there. I wasn't too sure where it was but yeah it felt so long.

When we arrive , they begin to give us the introductions at the beginning. Telling us what is going to go on and some other things.

After that long , boring ass introduction that i forgot about already..they finally tell us which cabins will we be in and who will be the assigned teacher and who else would we be sharing the cabin with since there were four rooms in each cabin, 3 for the students and there roommates and the teacher.

We finally settle in , for the first day , we did activity's while the sun was out. Until it turned dark

it was time for a night time hike in the fucking woods.

Our homeroom teacher told us to bring lights for this reason, and they tell us we can't use them since they want us to actually " feel " this hike.

Most stupid thing ever.

Of course half of us were scared to death since we were walking at 9 pm in the dark in the woods, I mean what reaction are you suppose to have in that?

after that, we were let to go back to our cabins for the next day.

The next day wasn't so bad, we ate breakfast, and we were let to do some activities.

David went to the camp too.

he saw me sitting at a bench by myself and asked me what was wrong.

I told him nothing and he left.

I mean we haven't talked that much since of what happen to us in 8th grade.

After that, we were forced to do some " bonding " exercises with our homeroom, which I think was the dumbest thing ever but we had to do it.

Also that day , we had a talent show, which was the most funniest thing ever. I mean I don't wanna be fucked up, but the girl who everyone says has the most horrible voice in school began to sing .. which made many people laugh.

Until it was time, for a thing that made a lot of us realize things.

We had to go through some sort of rotations, switch from teacher to teacher. Each teacher were different homeroom teachers. And each teacher talked about different things.

They asked us personal and very deep questions

" have you ever tried to kill yourself? "

" have you ever been bullied?"

" have you ever been hurt?"

I related to so many things that every teacher talked about.. and all the questions they asked. And I didn't realize many girls related too.

the entire group of girls who went through rotations began to cry.

It really hit all of us hard.

I don't know why I didn't cry, I mean what I think was most dumb.. is that the girls who bullied me and hurt me were the ones crying saying that they related a lot to those things that they were talking about.

After the rotations finished , many of the girls returned back to there cabins crying.

But my room, with my friends we decided to have more fun.

Marialisa decided that she would have taken 2 tylenols and get high off them which was the most funniest thing ever.

We also played uno and laughed as much as we could.

Until we were forced to shut up but we still had fun.

The next day was the final day we had for the camping trip.

we had normal breakfast

had some activities

And then it was time for us to go back to school.

We we arrived back to school, my moms car finally pulled up and I raced to her and hugged her so tight.

I mean I've never been away from my mom for 3 days of course I missed her.

9th grade retreat was a place that my friends and I created a bunch of memories.

I mean I kinda don't remember half of the things that happen but I'm happy that all of us were able to create a bunch of memories that we will still continue to laugh at throughout the years.

Especially Marialisa getting high off Tylenol and getting " drunk" off 99 cent store beer nuts .

I love those kids.