Chapter 37

Quinceañera

Quinceañera: (in Latin America and among Latinos) a celebration of a girl's fifteenth birthday and her transition from childhood to adulthood, typically involving a mass followed by a party.

May of 2018

My mother wanted to throw me a party .. since I was going to turn 15.

the age 15 is a special age for many girls who are latinas. The dream of every single girl is to have a big party for their quinceañera. And that was my dream ever since I was 8.

I was always so excited to go to someone else's quinceañera because I always thought of myself as the girl in good makeup in a big dress with a crown. And my mom has been telling me for so many years that she's been wanting to make me a huge party and see me in a quinceañera dress for so long since she wasn't able to have one.

Her dad was the kind of dad who thought that women didn't deserve anything , that men were the best.

my mother's family began to plan her quince , since she was also the only girl in her family and the oldest. They had everything ready .. until the end when there was 6 days before the quince , my grandfather said no, he didn't want to give that many people food for free.

My mom was depressed , she hated my grandfather during that time and she cried because she didn't get her dream

So now , since she has me.. she wanted me to get what she couldn't get, so her and my grandmother began to plan my party.. at first my mother wanted to throw me a small party .. with me wearing a small dress but until I told her that I wanted to wear a big quince dress , she decided to throw me a huge party in my backyard

My backyard is hella huge also, so it was a good place for us to throw my quince

My grandmother and mother are both super creative people, so they were the ones who created all the decorations and made the place look beautiful and I mean really beautiful.

It took my mom 2 months and 14 days to plan my entire party .. and she did an amazing
Job.

Many of my other family members were able to help with there own money.

in total , my party was $11,000

It took us two months to get the dj , my court , the food , the decorations, the dress , the makeup, the hair , and the photographer.

A day before the party

July 13

I think it was the funniest day ever, my entire court and I had our final dance practice ever so we had a burger feast which was good and we were all able to hang out.

also it was the day where we were going to begin to get the back ready, and it was really fun. We had the best trying to put up all of the decorations and the tarps to hide the back yard where I looked ugly.

Until it was time for the big day

The girls of my court were made up of

Bryanna
Alejandra
My sister Jocelyn
And her best friend Mia

they all arrived at 7 am since we all had to begin to do our makeup and hair

I had to sit in a chair for over 3 hours I think to have my hair and makeup done, but you have no idea how excited I became.

The girls also had to get their hair and makeup done and begin to change into there dresses.

Until the boys finally arrived and it was 9 am and the limo was going to arrive at 10