| 56 |

• • •

• • •

"Honey, I got you." Lauren says calmly. "I got you."

"Lauren," Ally's breathed out in relief. She had tears in her eyes. "Lauren I-"

"You don't have to say anything," Lauren said whole carefully turning Ally around. "Dinah, go pull the car around and place the black towel across the seat. Normani, hurry and pay for the meal because we have to leave immediately."

Normani and Dinah ran out with no question and did their requested duties.

"Should I call 911?" The woman asked while helping Lauren move Ally who was crying and hollering in pain towards the exit of the bathroom.

"No ma'am," Lauren said politely. "I got it from here but thank you endlessly for coming to let me and my friends know. I really appreciate it."

The woman held the door open for Lauren as Normani ran over to get on the other side of Ally and carefully move Ally towards the exit.

Eyes gazed upon them and they watched. Many people even offered help. Lauren asked the two guys who had just walked in to hold the doors open. Dinah's G-Wagon was right there. Dinah jumped out and ran around to open the door. She spread the towel out across the back seat and opened the door and Lauren and Normani, on both side of Ally who was trying her best to make her legs move made it towards the car.

The three of them talked Ally through her contractions, telling that everything was gonna be okay and that she'll be at the hospital soon to calm her. She barely heard them over her yells of pain as they carefully pushed her up into the Jeep.

Lauren jumped in on the other side and laid Ally's head on her lap. Dinah sped through the streets, racing the asphalt. She jumped lanes, drifted corners, driving like she was on a high speed chase.

"Dinah hurry up!" Ally cried out, tears of sweat rolling down her temple. Lauren brushes her fingers through her wife's hair and whispered shhhh we're almost there repeatedly while Ally hollered and cried like a newborn baby.

"I'm trying!" Dinah said in panic, her hands clinched tight to the steering wheel and staring up at the red light while Normani bounced her leg nervously.

In the backseat, Ally's hand was in Lauren's and she squeezed it as if she was trying to make lemonade as another contraction approached.

"L-Lauren..."Ally called softly. Webs of saliva from crying so hard as she opened her mouth shown visibly. "T-Tell me you love me."

Lauren's eyes watered. She couldn't believe all of this was happening. "Baby, I love you so much. We'll be there soon. I promise. Just hold tight."