| 50 |

— Author —
Standing at attention behind the two doors that opened to the outside where the wedding awaited, Lauren and her father stood a hall around from the groomsmen and bridesmaids while Ally and her father stood a hall around from Lauren. They decided to let who proposed to walk first.

Normani and Dinah held the wedding rings in their hand along with their bouquets. Normani held on to Sean's arm while Dinah held on to G-Eazy. The women and men stood side by side as the sounds of I Can't Stop Loving You by Kem was sang beautifully by Kem himself. He stood off to the side in front of the live band and sang the following lyrics as the doors opened and the bridesmaids began to stroll peacefully down the aisle alongside their groomsmen filled with salmon rose petals from Ally and Lauren's little cousins:

I think about the day I met the perfect stranger
I think about us
And I think about the day
I got wrapped around your finger
I think about us

The sun was shining on you
The Lord was smiling on me
And love was calling us
I had my mind made up

I can't stop loving you
I can't help myself
And I can't get over you
No matter what I tell myself, baby

Never thought I'd ever love anyone else
In my weakness
I think about us

And I think about the day
You left without speaking
I think about us

I think about the love we had for our children
I think about us
I think about the way we laughed without a reason
I think about us, girl

There will be no more lies
Somebody tell me why I feel like I'm dying

Lord, what's come over me?
Oh, baby, can't you see?

Lauren and her father, Mike, stepped in the entrance way of the doors and people gave a round of applause. Inaudible words of positivity and encouragement circled through the air and they all stood up and stared at the Cuban in awe. Lauren took a deep breath and looked at her father. Mike looked back at her.

"You ready, sweetheart?" He smiled softly.

Nervous as hell, Lauren knew there was no hesitation nor doubt. She had been sure all along that Ally was the one. There was no need to think twice. She nodded and looked forward and clinched her sweaty palm tight to her bouquet.

"Yes."

Eyes studied them with smiles and grins as the Cuban and her father walked side by side down the aisle in a pace that allowed her to make eye contact with almost everyone outside. The sun beamed on her and she suddenly got a breath air. It felt like an angel had kissed her and reassured her this was the right thing and that she wasn't running too fast into love.

The sun felt like a friendly pat on the back; as if her guardian angel smiled and told her to keep going.

As Mike kissed her cheek and sent her up by the priest, Preston signaled for Ally to come along and that it was her time now.

Ally paused in her tracks when she turned the corner and saw the sunlight beam in. She heard Kem singing such beautiful lyrics and that made her heart feel as though it was settling against her chest. Jerry suddenly stopped and looked at her with concern.

"What's the matter?" He asked. Preston stood by the door and looked at her in worry.

Ally heard the crowd scream for Lauren and saw flashing lights and that was enough to overwhelm her just a bit as she waited for her turn. She dropped her head and took what felt like the 100th deep breath before she lifted her head.

"Nothing," Ally shook her head as she began to pick up her pace again. "Let's do this."

She and her father stood in the entrance way and the way people stood up and screamed for her like they did for Lauren made Ally redden like roses. Her eyes got glassy but she batted her lashes to ignore them. It felt as thought her heart was pumping visibly out of her chest.

That I can't stop loving you
I can't help myself
And I can't get over you
(I can't get over you, baby)

Her eyes fell on Lauren who was already staring at her like she was the only girl left on earth.

Ally wanted to cry at how beautiful she thought Lauren looked. The way they highlighted her eyes to make them pop gave green eyes a whole new meaning. Lauren's hair sat perfectly behind her shoulders, her loose curls moving slightly because of the wind. Her veil sat in the center of her head and it fell down her back to her feet.

No matter what I tell myself, baby
(No matter what I tell myself, baby)
I can't stop loving you, girl
(I can't stop loving you, girl)
No matter how hard I try
(No matter how hard I try)
And I can't get over you
(I can't get over you, baby)

Lauren flashed a smile that gleamed like white pearls as she watched the love of her life, ever so gorgeously, walk towards her.

She noticed the sparkle in Ally's eyes and the tint on her cheeks. Her smile stretched ear to ear and it had always been pretty and as white as cotton. She was glowing as well and the sun kissed her skin in a way that nothing else could.

And I don't know why
I think about us
I think about us
I think about us
I think about us
I think about us
I think about us
I think about us
I can't get over you, baby
Girl

Ally looked up at the blue sky at the puffy marshmallow white-like clouds and smiled to the heavens, thanking God for bringing such a beautiful person in her life and allowing her to live to see this day happen. No one is promised a tomorrow and Ally couldn't help but thank the man above for guaranteeing her one, especially since it meant she could see this day happen and be with Laure . She felt like she was doing something right.

As Kem finished the last lines of the song— adlibbing effortlessly, his voice silk to the sound blessed the ears of all that listened to him, Jerry kissed his only daughter on the forehead as if it was the last time and smiled at Lauren before walking to sit next to Patricia who sat in the front row. Across from her sat Lauren's parents. They both looked at each other and smiled proudly.

Mmm babe
I can't get over you
Mmm yeah, babe
Mmm girl
What am I gonna do?
Mmm babe
I think about, the love we had
I think about, the way you laugh
Mmm girl, hey
I can't get over you
I can't stop kissin' you, babe
I can't stop wantin' you, babe
I can't stop lovin' you, girl
Yeah, ay-ay-ay
Can't get over you
I can't stop missin' you, girl
I can't stop feelin' you, girl
I can't stop thinkin' 'bout ya
I can't stop dreamin' 'bout ya
I can't stop lovin' you, girl