| 38 |

Lauren took her fingers and brushed her hair back. She hesitated before she shrugged and nodded.

"Okay, I'm sorry." She apologized. "We can take this as slow as you want, okay? But please know that I would never force you to do anything you don't wanna do. Please understand that I'm not forcing you to go tell the public anything. I never did. I was just simply saying how exciting it is to know that me and Normani are over and sooner or later, I can tell the world who I'm in love with. I never implied that they needed to know immediately. I love you and I care about how you feel."

Ally looked Lauren in the eyes and studied them for a few seconds. Lauren began to smile until Ally suddenly grabbed Lauren's face and kissed her. It took Lauren by surprise but she kissed back and fell in sync with the Latina's lips.

Lauren started to grab Ally's waist and pull her over the arm rest but Ally moaned into the kiss and pulled away.

"What are you doing?" She laughed out.

"I-I.......anyway." Lauren shook her head as she turned engine on and unlocked the doors before turning it off again. Ally giggled as she grabbed her purse and phone. She loved that she every time she kissed Lauren, she left her hungry for more.

Lauren popped the trunk and the two women got the shopping bags out. When they made into Lauren's penthouse apartment, they separated the bags according to who bought what. Today's Christmas shopping consisted of family. Lauren was gonna mail her gifts off to her family while Ally, of course was gonna pack up all that she could and take them with her on her flight. The bigger gifts she would mail.

Before they could start wrapping the gifts, the doorbell rang. Lauren was in the storage closet getting wrapping paper so Ally announces that she'd get the door.

Her heart dropped when she opened it.

"Mani....."Ally rolled off her tongue. She was surprised to see her. But she wasn't as surprised as Normani was to see Ally opening the door of Lauren's home.

"Hi Ally." Dinah greeted with a small smile.

"Hey." Ally smiled politely.

Normani stared at Ally in bewilderment. She was thrown off guard to see Ally open the door. She looked comfortable; she had on fuzzy Christmas socks, another oversized Christmas graphic t-shirt and her hair up in a messy bun. In Normani's perspective, Ally didn't look as though she stopped by. It looked more like Ally had been staying with Lauren. In which she has.

Normani's plan was to stop by Lauren's house and talk to Lauren then stop by Ally's to talk to her. She didn't necessarily expect them to already be back on speaking terms and comfortable around each other after what all happened. She thought they'd stay away from one another for a few days. She never expected them to be this comfortable around each other that Ally prances around Lauren's apartment in oversized shirts and socks as if she lived with Lauren. She even looked happy, and that confused Normani.

"Hey....Ally." Normani greeted awkwardly while eyeing Ally down. "It's nice to see you in the Christmas spirit."

Ally smiled timidly and looked down at her attire before looking back up at Normani and nodding. "Yeah, y-you know this is my favorite time of year."

Normani nodded lightly as she looked over Ally's shoulder. "Um....i-is Lauren here? I wanted to talk to her. I was gonna come see you next to talk to you but....." she paused and looked Ally from head to toe again. "Since you're over here, I can talk to you both."