Chapter 1

It's half-past one in the morning, and Lea has not slept a wink at all. She keeps rolling on her bed trying different positions for three hours so that she can fall asleep, but it was in vain.  Sleep did not visit her until four.  She woke up to the sound of the alarm that she frequently snoozed over for like many times in her dazed state when she saw it was 15 minutes before 7.  Everything was chaotic, but you have to give her credit for showering less than 10 minutes.

I'm late.

I'm late. 

I'm very late.

Dashing through the invisible crowd with ragged breaths, Lea tried to look for room AH 357. It is her first time to attend school. She has been homeschooled ever since until now.

Of all the days to be late, why now?  There are no students in the hallway. The class probably started already.

When she reached the room, all the running was for nothing. She found it empty. She looked at the board and saw the writings.

 She looked at the board and saw the writings

LITT 21- A CLASS WILL START TOMORROW. - Prof. Cielo

She was about to leave when the door suddenly burst open. A breathless boy came. Their eyes met. After a few seconds, Lea looked away and stared at the empty chairs.  The boy grinned then he bowed his head and touched his knees, catching his breath. He then lifts his face and walks toward Lea.

"I'm glad I'm not the only one," he said, still catching his breath.

Lea giggled, "Me too. I thought I was late already and was about to kiss my perfect plan for first day goodbye. "

"I'm Florian by the way.  You can call me Rian. " he offered his hand to her.

"Cattleya," she shook his hand, "Lea for short."

"I am so glad that we're in the same situation. Haha, it would be embarrassing if indeed we are late and I am the only one."

She felt hesitant to talk to him. She's never really talk to a guy before. Are all guys this friendly? Is he one of those university guys who picked on girls and play with them?  She brushed her thoughts aside. You have to stop with the book reference. Those are stories. He's just friendly that's all...and talkative too.

"Is it really like this?" she asked, couldn't control her curiosity. 

"Like what?" facing her.

"No students on the first day."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I hate to admit but I was homeschooled all my life until now."

"Wait, so you are telling me that this is your first time to attend school? Real school?" he asked with a hint of astonishment.

"Y-es." 

"Wow."

"Why?"

"Nothing. I mean homeschooling is not that bad but still you are deprived of your social rights."

"Well, I never view it that way. I guess my parents wanted me safe. But here I am. I am growing and I want to prove to them that I can stand on my own, that I don't need such protection. I want to explore the world and find out what I have to offer to it."

"You are a deep person you know that?" he smiled at her.

"Am I really?"Lea asked with disbelief.  "Well, how about you? If this isn't your first time to attend school why did you show up on the first day when you know that there won't be any classes?"

"Hey, I only came here because I love this class."

"Why?"

"Well, it's very hard to get Prof. Cielo's class. She's very strict however you have many things you can learn from her."

"What's your course?"

"Multimedia Arts, you?"

"Philosophy."

"See. I know you are a deep thinker. So, what are you planning right now? Do you have a  class after this?"

"Yeah, but it will be two hours from now. I plan to go back to the dorm and try to check if there's any food left from breakfast. I wasn't able to eat since I was running late. I think...I have to go."

"Well, it was nice meeting you classmate of mine. "

"The pleasure's all mine."

"See you around, Lea."

"Yeah, see you around Rian."

Author's note:

Hello! This is my DonKiss Fanfiction.  I hope you like it.