Chapter 14

"If I could only control my heart, I would stop...it from falling in...love with him...Ugh! What's the next line again?" asked Cattleya.

"But can I control love? No.," answered Liv.

Liv's inside Cattleya's room, lying on her bed, while Cattleya's standing, practicing her lines for the play.

"I'm no good at this."

"Hey, you were chosen to be Thisbe because you did well in the auditions. Give yourself some credit."

"You are right. But this is my first time to be in a play."

"And I'm sure you will be brilliant," said Liv.

"Thanks, Liv." Cattleya sat down on her bed with Liv.

"We should take a break," Liv suggested.

"Yeah, I think that's a great idea."

Since there's no class because of the all-university meeting, the campus looked like a ghost town. Cattleya and Liv took the liberty to roam around the school.

"You know," Liv said, " I used to walk with someone here on campus almost every day."

Cattleya looked at Liv. It's the first time she's sharing something without her even asking.

"but everything changed when that person got into a relationship," Liv looked at Cattleya.

"I hope if you have one, you won't abandon me or like change and distance yourself because of your relationship."

"Oh, Liv, I won't do that, ever." Cattleya approached Liv and hugged her. She was the first girl friend she ever had.

This is isn't about Antonio and Professor Cielo, right? Maybe Liv has feelings for Antonio?

Cattleya's thoughts were disturbed by Liv.

"I'm getting emotional over a memory."

"Hey, memories can be emotional, whether it is a happy memory or a sad one. You can't help but be..."

"...emotional." Liv finished the sentence for her.

"Speaking of memory, there's something that's bugging me though," Cattleya said.

"What about?"

"I can't quite put my finger on it."

"Well, I'm sure you will be able to point it out in time. Shall we go and buy something to eat?" asked Liv

"Sure."

~*~

The cast for the play started rehearsing with Professor Cielo. Also, the people who were assigned in the costume, props, lighting, sounds, and others were doing their work. Little by little, the production is coming together as the date for the play is drawing near. But, they have to face midterms first. Professor Cielo gave the club a break time of a week so that the students can study for the examination.

"I'm beat," exclaimed Liv.

"Me too," said Cattleya.

"I should've taken a look at the test papers when she was printing last night." Cattleya laughed at Liv's remark.

"You would not be able to do it anyway since you're an honest person." They both laughed as they passed their test papers forward.

The midterm is finally done. When everybody passed their test papers, Professor Cielo announced that her two Literature classes would be merged for their final project, the play of Romeo and Juliet, which will be staged the day after the club's production. Professor Cielo also said that since midterms are over, they're going to spend their class time planning and preparing for their final project.