Chapter 23

"Everything seems okay. But we need further observation." the doctor explained to Mrs. Cielo-Lopez and Liv who were inside the ICU.

"It'll be okay to take her out of the ICU," continued the doctor.

"Thank you, doctor," said Liv.

The doctor left them with Prof. Cielo. Mrs. Cielo-Lopez was crying and was beside Professor Cielo who was still can't speak loudly. Liv went out so that she could give the mother and daughter some time together. She sat with Antonio and Dylan on the bench.

"She's fully awake but can't really talk yet," said Liv.

"That's good. Hope she recovers soon," said Dylan.

Antonio just stayed quiet and stared on the floor.  Liv and Dylan exchanged looks and looked at him.  The ICU room opened and Mrs. Cielo-Lopez came out of the room. The three of them stood up and came close to her.

"They'll be transferring her to a private room," she said to Liv, "I'll go to the admission office and signed some papers."

"Okay, I'll watch her."

She smiled while holding Liv's hand. She nodded at Dylan and Antonio and went away.

"I'll be leaving. I have to go to the dorm. See you guys." said Dylan.

Liv and Antonio were the only ones left.

"Do you wanna go and talk to her?" said Liv.

Antonio sighed and looked at Liv, "No, I think it's not good today. I'll wait when she's strong enough..." he looked at Liv and smiled, "Your mother is also here. I don't want to raise any suspicion.

Liv returned his smile, "Okay. What if she'll ask for you?"

"I doubt she'll ask for me. She's not that clingy you know." Antonio said.

Liv nodded. Before she entered the ICU, Antonio said that he has to go to the campus for training. Liv said that she'll message him what room they'll transfer into.

Antonio came out of the lobby. He bumped into an old man with papers.

"I'm so sorry sir," he helped him gather his papers and saw his ID, Dr. Paul E. Rodriguez. He unconsciously smiled when he read his surname. He thought of someone with that same surname.

"It's fine, young man. Thank you," he said as Antonio handed him his papers.

Antonio gave him a respectful bow and went out of the lobby. The old man looked at Antonio's back and he smiled.

What a handsome man, he thought.

"Dear, what took you so long?" a voice said. He turned around and saw his wife with Cattleya.

"Sorry, someone bumped into me and the papers got scattered. He helped me picked the papers."

"Well, since the dad finished the papers why don't we go out and eat something? We haven't had any lunch yet." said his wife.

The old man was silent. Cattleya came close to him and hug him on the side.

"Dad, don't worry. I'm fine. The doctor said that I can go home too. There's really no need for you to worry and I promised that I'll be extra careful."

He sighed, "Okay. Let's eat lunch."

~*~

"My friend told me about this bistro. He said it's the best bistro in town," said Dr. Rodriguez.

They parked the car and when Cattleya saw where they were she felt somehow giddy. They went inside and as always, the Esquivel Bistro is full of people.

"Table for three please," said Dra. Rodriguez. The receptionist called someone and led them to their table but before they could reach their table a voice called out to Cattleya.

"Cattleya, dear!" said Tita Leila.

"Tita Leila!"

Her parents were shocked to see that their child had a friend older than her.

"Tita Leila, I'd like you to meet my parents. This is my dad, Paul Rodriguez, and my mom, Catherine Rodriguez. Mom, Dad, this is Tita Leila, mother of Antonio and the owner of the bistro."

"Oh, nice to finally meet you. You have a very wonderful daughter!"

"Thank you. You have a very nice place here." said her mother as they shook hands.

"Thank you. Order anything you like it's on the house."

"Oh no. that's too..."

"That's very kind of you but..."

"Tita Leila.."

The three of them said at the same time.

"I shall take no for an answer. Please, enjoy." said Tita Leila, "Are you gonna stay here during the weekend?" she asked.

"No, we go home today. Our place is only a 3-hour drive."

"Well, that's great. I'd like to invite you to a party this Sunday. If you are free..."

The couple looked at each other and smiled.

"Thank you for inviting us but had some seminar this weekend," said Dr. Rodriguez.

"Oh, that's too bad. Then a dinner sometime in the future would be great no?"

"Sure. Thank you. I'm so glad that my dear Cattleya has someone like you. I also can't wait to meet your son, Antonio." asked Cattleya's mother.

"Well, I definitely look forward to the future. I'd like to talk more to you but unfortunately, I'm quite busy. Don't you dare pay for your food.  Alex! Don't accept any money from them okay? Their bill is on the house." she said to the waiter and smiled to Cattleya's parents," Then I'll be off."

Cattleya's parents thanked Mrs. Esquivel for her kindness and hospitality.

I think they're going to be good friends, Cattleya thought.

When Tita Leila already left, the enjoyed their lunch.

 Dr. Rodriguez tried to pay but the staff smiled at him and they said that their boss told them not to accept the money for the food. So Dr. Rodriguez gave it to them as a tip but they just returned the money to him saying that it was too big to be a tip. Dr. Rodriguez gave them the fair amount for the tip and they drive Cattleya home to the dorm. Her parents talked in private with Miss Madeleine and Cattleya was not comfortable about it.

She went up to her room and lay on her bed. Her phone vibrated and she looked at it, and saw a text message that put a smile on her face.