Chapter 31

Cattleya calmed down. When Dylan, Shawn and Tom arrived riding in Shawn's car, Antonio got out on his.He told Cattleya to stay inside and relax since there's a lot of time before her rehearsals.

"Can you explain what happened back there,Dylan?" Antonio asked. Dylan looked at Antonio's car and saw Cattleya inside, then he sighed.

"I promised Cattleya that I won't tell you guys but...it's better if you all know so we could protect her if this happens again."

The three guys were confused.

"Last Friday night, Cattleya was attacked." he said.

"Attacked?" Tom asked.

"She was followed by a creepy guy from the store across the street into the campus and attacked her, almost touched her."

"Wait...wait,wait. The rumors about a someone trespassed the campus and almost assaulted a dormer was true? And it's Lea?" asked Shawn in disbelief.

Antonio clenched his fist.

"Yes," answered Dylan, "He was eating in the resto with his friend and Lea met his eyes. I'm sure she's traumatized. I asked the guards, when we're going inside, what happened with the guy they report to the police. They said that since he was a first offender, they just made him pay some fine."

"Poor, Lea." Shawn commented, "Don't worry, I have an uncle who's working in the police, I'll ask for a picture of that guy so that, we'll all know what he looks like. So we can be are of the people around Lea. We can't be sure if he's going to do it again."

"Thanks, Shawn."

Shawn nodded.

Antonio, who was silent the whole time, finally spoke.

"I'll keep an eye on her."

"It would be better for me to guard her, Rian." said Dylan, "Since I'm a dormer and I don't have much load this semester,"

"Yeah, he's got a point." said Tom.

"Still, we can take turns. I have classes with her."

Dylan nodded.

"Deal."

Then Cattleya got out of Antonio's car and went to the boys.

"Sorry, about what happened back there guys," she apologized.

"It's okay Lea, we're glad that you are finally doing fine." said Tom.

"Lea," Dylan looked at her, "I told the guys about what happened last Friday.I'm sorry."

Cattleya shook her head, "There's no need to apologize, Dy. Sooner or later, they're going to know about it," she smiled weakly.

Dylan patted Cattleya's shoulders.He explained their plan and she agreed to it. It was almost 7:30 so Cattleya told them that she's going to the auditorium to attend the rehearsals. She bid goodbye to them.

Dylan had something to do outside so he joined Tom in Shawn's car. Antonio told them that he has something to do in the campus. Then they part ways.

The rehearsal lasted for about almost 2 hours. Everybody went out of the auditorium. Maxon kissed Cattleya's cheek and waved to her. She waved back then he saw someone leaning on a lamppost.

"Antonio, what are you doing here? I thought you went home already." she said as she looked around to see if there was anybody with him. He thought that she must be looking for Dylan and told her that he's got some business outside campus. But the truth was Cattleya was looking around to see if Professor Cielo was here. Even though she's on leave, she might show up and see the rehearsals.

"Let me walk you home." Antonio said.

"Thanks."

The two of them walked silently then Antonio broke that silence.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I...I don't want to cause any trouble."

"Cattleya, you almost got hurt. It's a good thing Dylan was there."

"Ye-ah."

Antonio sighed. He felt annoyed because of what he said.

"After the...what happened. Were you able to sleep that night?" he asked.

"I kinda slept right away since we had a photography class the next day..." Cattleya stopped midway. Antonio, too, stopped walking. Then there was silence.

"I'm sorry." Antonio said, looking down on his feet, "I'm so sorry Cattleya.It completely silpped off my mind. Calypso was getting discharged so..."

She just let Antonio talk.

"My phone was busted...Did..did you went to the station? Did you...wait for me?"

When he asked her these questions, she was conflicted on what answers she should give them.

"I...I didn't go. I slept right away that night then kinda woke up late."

When did I become such a good liar?

"Oh," Antonio said, somehow relaxed, "but still I'm so sorry."

"Antonio, it's okay."

Then the two of them continued to walk.

"So...how did Tita Leila react?" Cattleya reluctantly asked.

Antonio was taken aback with the question but he smiled.

"Not, very well. But she was nice to Calypso."

"Oh,"

"She was both surprised and kinda sad that I kept my relationship a secret."

Cattleya just listened to him talk. He shared that Tita Leila invited Professor Calypso to dinner sometime next week, to get to know her better.

They finally arrived at Cattleya's dorm. Before Cattleya entered the house, Antonio held Cattleya's hand and squeezed it. She squeezed it back and scrunched her face up. Antonio smiled, how cute, he thought.

When Antonio left, Cattleya was cornered by Jenny and Rose.

"Is he your boyfriend? Or is it the one yesterday?" asked Jenny.

"I prefer the one yesterday, Dylan was it?" said Rose.

"Nah, I liked this guy today. Together, you have this aura..."

The two of them argued on who they think is better to be Cattleya's boyfriend. Cattleya just shook her head then told them that they're all her friends and went to her room upstairs.

She finished taking a bath and was ready to go to sleep when she heard her phone ring. It was a message from Antonio.

From: Antonio

Good night, Cattleya. Sweet dreams.

Cattleya smiled then put her phone on her side table and went to sleep.

~*~

Dr. Paul Rodriquez arrived in his house. He parked the car in the garage and went in.

"You're home early dear," her wife said as he made his way into the kitchen, "Yeah, what's for dinner?" he asked.

"Beef steak and some blanched asparagus."

"Delicious."

"Go ahead shower and change into some comfortable clothes."

He went upstairs, into their room. He put his briefcase on his desk and went inside the shower . When he was done he change into some clothes in the closet. Before going back downstairs, he opened a small compartment in his closet and took a small notebook.

When he opened it he took a photo that was slipped into one of the pages of the notebook. He looked at it with such sadness.

"Donovan,my boy. I miss you a lot."