Chapter 7

The week started, and the real class began. The week prior was only a warm-up. This made Cattleya thrilled with excitement. She's so excited about getting busy, to get off somethings on her mind or more likely the part of the brain where emotions are controlled.

Shoot, she thought.

I have photography classes with him. Is it too late to back out now?

"What are you thinking about?" Liv nudged her back before she could get lost in her thoughts.

"Mmm? Nothing. Just excited about the class."

Just then, Antonio sat  beside her.

"Morning." He greeted with those pearls, blinding everyone that could see them.

"Morning. " Cattleya answered while Liv just the same. No acknowledgment but they are civil with one another.

Not another minute Prof. Cielo made way her inside the room and started the roll call. When everyone was called, she began to discuss their first assigned poetry a ballad by Alfred Tennyson, The Lady of Shallot.

 When everyone was called, she began to discuss their first assigned poetry a ballad by Alfred Tennyson, The Lady of Shallot

"The Lady of Shallot is a lyrical ballad written by Lord Albert Tennyson in 1842. It was based on medieval Donna di Scallota. It tells the story of Elaine of Astolat, a beautiful young noblewoman imprisoned in a tower near Camelot. Miss Rodriguez, will you please read to us the first part please."

Cattleya stood up and swallowed. This is her first oral recitation.

She cleared her throat and started reading.

On either side, the river lie
Long fields of barley and of rye,
That clothe the wold and meet the sky;
And through the field the road runs by
To many-towered Camelot;
And up and down the people go,
Gazing where the lilies blow
Round an island there below, 
The island of Shalott.

Everybody was quiet. All their attention was on Cattleya. They've never been so captivated in listening to a student reading poetry.

Willows whiten, aspens quiver,
Little breezes dusk and shiver
Through the wave that runs forever
By the island in the river 
Flowing down to Camelot.
Four grey walls, and four grey towers,
Overlook a space of flowers, 
And the silent isle imbowers
The Lady of Shalott.

By the time she finished reading the first part. There was an awkward silence then followed by a clap, that started from her left side, that shattered the quietness, and that resounded throughout of room.

"Settle down. Miss Rodriguez, I think you have a talent for theater. You should join the club if you haven't yet."

She couldn't believe it. Prof. Cielo praised her. The momentary spotlight then faded when Prof. Cielo asked the class what they understood in the ballad. No one raised their hand. Prof Cielo was about to call someone when Cattleya felt Antonio raised his. Prof. Cielo called him.