Chapter 20

After asking to stay, Antonio didn't say a word. Cattleya kept silent except for the sound of her rapidly beating heart. The cold wind brushed to Cattleya's cheeks but she couldn't keep it warm since Antonio had been holding her hand for the past five minutes, no sign that he will let go. Cattleya just sat there and let him hold her hand, it was warm and cozy after all.

Her phone rang in her pocket so she took it out and saw Liv's name, calling. She looked at Antonio but before she could ask him, he gave her a nod and let go of her hand.

"Hello Liv?" she answered.

"Hey, Fleur."

"Do you need anything? Do you want me to buy something for you?"

"No, that's not the reason I called. Look right."

"Huh?" Cattleya asked and when looked at her right she saw Liv on the lobby.

"Can you do me a favor?" Liv asked.

"Sure, anything."

"Accompany Rian."

Cattleya's heart stopped for a moment.

"You know, Rian's the one who brought Professor Cielo to the hospital. He's in shock. So I want you to accompany him. Let him go home. Even though we're not that close as we were before, I can tell that he's not in good shape now Fluer. "

"What if he doesn't want to leave?"

"Tell him that Calypso wouldn't want him to freeze to death," said Liv.

"Okay." as Cattleya looked at Antonio who was still sitting on the bench.

"Fleur?"

"Yes?"

"You know it right?"

Cattleya looked back at Liv and nod. Liv ended the call and went inside. Cattleya let out a sharp breath before walking towards Antonio.

"Was it Liv?" he asked.

"Yes. She told me that we should get home. Professor Cielo's already in the ICU. She says she'll contact us if she wakes up."

"No, I'll stay here. You go home."

"Hey, come on. You'll freeze to death if you stay here."

"No, I'll stay here Cattleya. I don't want to go home."

Cattleya sighed.  She sat on the bench and hold Antonio's cold hands.

"Professor Cielo wouldn't want you freezing to death. "

Antonio froze.

"It's alright. I know."

Silence fell and the cold wind once again brushed into Cattleya's cheeks.

"Can you stay with me?"

~*~

They've reached the Esquivel's residence.  After revealing that she knows what's going on between him and Professor Cielo, Antonio asked Cattleya to stay with him in their house. Of course, Auntie Leila was there but was already asleep so Cattleya wasn't able to greet her. Antonio gave her clothes to sleep in when Cattleya was settling down in the guest room. Antonio asked her if she's hungry but she said no. Antonio stayed at the guest room and an awkward silence envelops the room.

This is not good, she thought, I should have said no.

"So..."

"I..."

The two of them said at the same time.

"You go first," he said.

"No, you go first..."

"How do you know about it?"

So straightforward. She squeezed her hand that were clasping together.

"I kinda knew that's something is going on in the library, the first day that we met."

Antonio sat still and let Cattleya continue.

"My suspicions were confirmed when I saw you two...ahm you know having a moment...as I was on my way back to the dorms."

Cattleya sighed so did Antonio.

"Are you mad?" she asked.

"No. Why would I be mad?" he asked her.

"That I never told you until tonight, that I knew."

"Does it matter?"

Those three words that escaped Antonio's lips were like a sword that plunged into her heart. It hurts.

"Oh...yeah. right."

"I mean, it wasn't my idea to keep our relationship a secret...If only I would have to turn back time, I would not have agreed to keep it to ourselves but she doesn't want it that way."

He really likes her, love even.

"Keeping it a secret had been a struggle for me. I wanted to..." Antonio's voice cracked. Cattleya went and hug him and let him cry till his heart's content.

"Just let it out. Just cry. I'm here." Cattleya said.

"I don't usually cry.."

"Shh...excuses are not needed. Just let it go, even just for tonight. I'm here."

~*~

The next morning, when Cattleya opened her eyes, she was surprised to see a sleeping Antonio beside her. She wanted to move out of the bed but she's afraid that she might wake Antonio up. So, she decided to stay and looked at his sleeping face.

She spent five minutes staring at his gorgeous face. When Antonio scrunched up his face and started opening his eyes, Cattleya closes her's and pretend to be asleep. She felt him got up but he was not leaving the bed.

Stay close eyes. Stay close.

Cattleya recited mentally. Suddenly she felt his hands on her head.

"Thank you, Cattleya..." Antonio said in a hushed voice.

Would it be okay to open my eyes now? Can I?

She slowly opened her eyes as if she was asleep the whole time.

"Hey...sleepyhead. Good morning." Antonio greeted and ruffled Cattleya's hair since his hands were still on her head.

"Mo-rning."

"I'll go back to my room and take a shower.  You should too and then we head down for breakfast."

"Okay."

Antonio went for the door but Cattleya noticed he left his phone and ran to him. Antonio already opened the door and Cattleya caught him to give his phone but the two were nailed to the floor when they met a pair of eyes, widely looking at them in shock.