Chapter 18

After visiting Dylan, the four of them went home. Shawn and Tom were discussing something about training, behind them were Liv and Cattleya. She noticed that she became silent after Dylan got his shots.

"Fleur?" she called to her, but she continued walking. Liv stopped because the traffic light went green, but Cattleya continued to walk, so she grabbed her just in time before she could step on the lane and be hit by moving cars.

"Snap out of it!" Liv yelled at her. This is the first time that Liv shouted at Cattleya. "You almost got hit by a car!"

"Oh, sorry. Thank you."

"What's the matter with you? Are you okay?" her voice grew soft, and there's a sign of worry.

"Hmm? Yeah, I'm fine. Just tired...I guess.

"I think you should rest first. You were busy preparing for the play. I'll walk you to the dorms."

"No. I think I have to go somewhere else."

"Okay. then let me accompany you."

"No, really. Besides, you have class."

"I'm worried about you. You're spacing out."

"Liv, I'm fine."

"Are you worried about Dylan?" she asked.

Cattleya paused for a moment, then nodded. Liv sighed, "He's gonna be okay. He said that the surgery went well."

"Yeah."

"So, there's really no need to worry about him."

Liv's cellphone rang.

"Shit, sorry. I have to go to class. Our professor's gonna check our term papers. You sure you'll be okay? 100 percent sure?"

"Yes, Liv. Now, go, or you'll be late."

"Let me know where you are, okay?"

"Sure."

Liv walked briskly, trying to catch up with Tom and Shawn, who were pretty far now. Cattleya sighed.

Why did he lie?

~*~

When the four of them got out of the hospital, Dylan got his phone and dialed someone's number.

"Hey, it's me. Thanks for the heads up."

~*~

Cattleya texted Liv that she'd be in Cakes and Coffee Cafe, near the hospital.  She ordered an affogato, her favorite. With all the things in her mind right now, she needs something to help her temporarily forget about it.

While Cattleya's enjoying her treat, someone joined her table

While Cattleya's enjoying her treat, someone joined her table. She took off her attention to her food and saw it was Antonio sitting.

"Hey." he greeted.