Chapter 2

Nothing beats blueberry pancakes and bacon drizzled in maple syrup

Nothing beats blueberry pancakes and bacon drizzled in maple syrup.  It is so delicious.

Lea's happily eating her breakfast in the kitchen. There were only three pieces of pancakes left when she arrived.

"Miss Rodriguez?" a sweet voice called.

She almost choked with her bacon.

"Y-es?" She turned around and saw their dorm mother, Miss Madeline.

"Nothing. I was wondering where you were at breakfast."

"Well, I was running late. So I wasn't able to eat breakfast. I came back here to eat."

The dorm mother just smiled, "Oh, it is okay. You are lucky that there are some pancakes left today. But I must warn you that there'll be times that if you don't come on time, there won't be any food left."

Lea smiled at her. "Thanks." She continued to eat her pancakes.

"Oh, I almost forgot," she turned her heel, "It seems like there will be no classes today since there's an emergency meeting with the faculty association. Maybe you know already..." 

"No. Thanks for telling me, Miss Madeline." 

"Oh, you can call me Maddie. We are like family here."

Since there's no class, Lea decided to tour around the campus and go to the library.

"Excuse me, may I ask where's the literature section?"

"It's on aisle 4."

"Thanks"

She went to aisle 4. She was surprised she found little bean bag chairs.

This is great. You can comfortably read in here.

She scanned the shelves and saw collections of the classic authors like C.S Carroll, Emily Bronté, Jane Austen, and the contemporary authors of the 21st century.

She picked Alice Through the Looking Glass on the top shelf using a stool, she almost lost her balance, sat on the beanbag

She picked Alice Through the Looking Glass on the top shelf using a stool, she almost lost her balance, sat on the beanbag. She has read this book so many times that she lost count. She was so lost in the book that she didn't notice someone was standing in front of her.

"I knew it was you. Cattleya"

She snapped out of her reading and raised her head, a smile formed on her lips.

"It's Lea."

"I changed my mind. I'm calling you by your real name."

"Lea's my real name," she argued playfully.

Rian let out a chuckle, "No, it is only part of your real full name. And I like Cattleya. Did you know it's considered the Queen of the Orchids?"

She rolled her eyes, "So maybe I can call you Florian then?" she challenged.

"Not a chance."

"No fair."

"Okay, I'll let you call me by my second name. Antonio."

"Hmm...sounds fair. Wait, what are you doing here? Are you following me, ANTONIO?" she asked.

"Ah, no. I'm not following you, CATTLEYA, and I'm here because I work here as a volunteer."

"In the library?"

"Yes. Well, I started last semester." he sat beside her and looked at her book. "Alice Through the Looking Glass, huh."

"Yeah. Why did you volunteer?"

"No reasons. I just did it out of the whim."

"Oh."

"Were you able to eat your breakfast?" he leaned onto the beanbag, arms under his head.

"Yeah. I was glad I went to the dorm. I found out from our dorm mother that there's an emergency meeting concerning the faculty association. If not, I would have ended up going to my classes."

After exchanging playful banters using the names they've agreed upon, Cattleya continued to read the book while Antonio closed his eyes. There was silence between them but not the 'awkward' kind. It was a relaxing kind of silence, with only the sound of their breathing and the sound of flipping pages of the book.

Cattleya closed the book and looked at Antonio's sleeping face.

He has good eyebrows, very long eyelashes. I bet girls would give everything to have these, she thought. She then moved her focus on his nose, then his lips. She looked away and blushed.

What am I doing? Checking him out! Oh gosh.

She stood up and returned the book to the shelf.  When she finally put it back, her foot missed a step on the stepping stool and went falling.

She closed her eyes and got ready to feel the pain, but the only thing she felt was big strong arms wrapped around her.

"I am so sorry." she got up quickly and offered her hand to Antonio, who was on the floor. "Did I squashed you? I'm so heavy. I am so sorry. Did you break anything? I am so sorry."

"Hey, relax. I'm fine. You were not that heavy anyway. It's a good thing I woke up when I felt you move."

She sighed with relief. 

They were standing there.

Perfectly still.

Until "I think I should go. and you should too; it's almost closing time," Antonio said, "See you around Cattleya." He tapped her shoulder and waved goodbye to her and went away.

Cattleya was about to leave when she heard someone, "Not here, Florian."

Author's Note:

So here's my second chapter of Ours. I hope you'll like it. I'm trying my best to update daily.  Please share this to your friends who are fans of DonKiss or to those na gustong magbasa ng mga fanfictions.