Chapter 37

Cattleya went back to the control room to get her bag. But before she could enter the control room she heard familiar voices, talking inside the room. She couldn't make out the words being spoken. The the talking stop and the door opened suddenly.

"Miss Rodriguez." Professor Cielo said surprised, her eyes slightly looked at Antonio who was standing there.

"Professor Cielo, we are done moving the props and costumes to the backstage. The after-care and costume committee will take care of it." said Cattleya.

"Okay. Great job with the lights and sound effects. You and Florian are a great team."

Cattleya managed to smile tho she hint that there's some bitterness to her tone.

"Well, I'll just get my bag." Cattleya went in and grabbed her bag. Before she could leave the control room, Professor Cielo called her attention.

"Oh and Miss Rodriguez?"

"Yes Professor?"

"Congratulations. Mr. Mendoza is a nice man. I'm sure you too will last long."

"Uh..thank you." she nodded at her and at Antonio.

Cattleya walked faster as she descended to the stairs and went to the lobby. There she saw Dylan sitting on one of the chairs.

"Dylan."

"Lea, hey."

"What are you doing here? I thought you had a test?"

"I was done early. I was wondering if you wanna have lunch together?"

She looked at her watch, it was half past 12 already.

"Sure. Why not."

The two of them walked out of the auditorium and was going to one of the kiosks near the library when they met Liv, who just returned from returning the costumes and props with their other classmates.

"Hey Fleur! Lunch?"

"Sure..."

Liv then looked at Dylan and stick out her tongue.

Then Shawn and Tom made an appearance. Shawn put his hands around Dylan's neck.

"So, bro. When were you gonna tell us that you're dating Lea?"

Dylan stopped in his tracks. He watched Cattleya's back, who's walking ahead with Liv.  Then he continued walking, leaving the question unanswered. 

The five of them seated in one table and ordered their lunch. They asked Cattleya about the their final project but Liv answered for them.

"I tell you, that girl Mega was such a prima donna!" said Liv in a low tone. 

"You're just jealous, you can't act like her." teased Dylan.

"'m not jealous of unable to act. I prefer to be assigned backstage."

Dylan did not push any further since the tone of Liv's voice is hinting danger. Sensing the little tension Shawn then turned to Cattleya and showed her a mischievous smile.

"So, Lea. How does it feel dating Dylan?"

Cattleya turned red and got choked on her food. Quickly Dylan gave her water and she drink it until the food went down.

"I'm sorry I startled you, " apologized Shawn

"No, it was not your fault Shawn." said Cattleya as she put down the bottle.

"So...how does it feel?"

Dylan who was sitting beside Shawn shoved some brownies into his mouth.