Chapter 38

"So Dylan,  you are taking Philosophy too?" asked Dr. Catherine Rodriguez.

"Yes, ma'am."

"Drop the formality, son. I told you last night you can call us Uncle and Auntie." said Dr. Paul gently and then he chuckled.

"Yes, U-ncle, Au-ntie."

Both of them smiled at the nervous boy.

"Oh right. How's your play for your literature? Did it go well?"

"Yes, it was successful. Thank God, finals are over. I can sleep well tonight." Cattleya exclaimed which earned a worry look from her parents.

"Are you sure you are not overworking yourself dear?" asked her mother.

"Mom, I told you I'm fine." Cattleya said hinting that they have company. Her mother caught her signal and then recomposed herself and ask Dylan some questions which Dylan happily answered. It was a lovely dinner. The Rodriguez couple like Dylan, which made him breath in relief.

After dessert, the two ladies went to the restroom

"He's a nice guy..." Dr. Catherine trailed off.

Cattleya turned off the faucet and grabbed a tissue.

"He's a nice guy...but?" she asked her mother.

"Do you really like him?" asked Dr. Catherine, looking at her daughter in the mirror.

"What kind of a question is that? Of course I do." 

"If you say so. I thought you like Antonio."

Cattleya looked at her mother in disbelief.

"I do like him but..."

"You like Dylan better?"

Cattleya can't seem to answer her mother's question, so she just smiled.

"Okay, let's go. I hope your father didn't bore him with his talking."

Both of them laughed exiting the restroom. When they returned to their table they found the two boys talking animatedly with each other.

"What are you talking about dear?" asked Dr. Catherine to her husband as she and Cattleya returned to their seats.

"I was telling Dylan about the vacation we were having and I told him he could tag along."

"That's wonderful! Cattie, you should also invite some of your other friends. Liv was it? Also the boys, Tom, Shawn..."

Cattleya looked at Dylan.

"I'm sure they'd like to come." he said answering Cattleya's unspoken question.

She smiled.

"I already invited Maxon the other night. Oh we should also invite Antonio and his mother!" added her mother.