Chapter 22

Antonio had been standing outside the ICU, not sure whether to go inside or not. He let out his seventh sigh when Liv saw him. Not sure what to do, Liv stayed more than five meters away from him. She looked at Antonio, a frown on his face and kicking an invisible ball. He turned his head and saw Liv.

Liv looked away, avoiding his gaze. She was expecting him to come to her and annoy her like he always does, but this time, it's not the case. Antonio stayed there glued on his spot as if he didn't saw her.

Now he's ignoring me?

Liv thought. She felt annoyed but the feeling subsided and she let out a big, loud sigh. She started walking towards Antonio and grabbed his hands and dragged him out of the ICU.

"LIv! Wait. What are you doing?"

"Listen, Rian." she said as she let's go of his hands.

Antonio stared at her and kept quiet. He's preparing for her rant, after all it is his fault why Calypso was in that state.

"I am not blaming you," Liv said.

"Wha..." Antonio was about to say something but Liv cut him off by raising her hand.

"Listen, you know that I don't approve of your relationship. I also don't know what happened in the accident but let me tell you something," she took a moment to breathe," blaming yourself because of what happened to her won't turn back the time and prevent anything of this to happen. It won't heal her if you keep blaming yourself. If Calypso saw your state now...she...she wouldn't want that."

"Liv..."

"I know that I got angry at you because you were able to say to her that you love her and I couldn't, at least not in a romantic way. I got angry at you because you were able to be with her...I got angry at you because you are a boy!"

Antonio felt stunned knowing what Liv's thoughts were.

"I really hate you but...what I'm trying to say...Rian...you were my brother and my best friend and I hate seeing you in this state. I hate you blaming yourself. I hate it. For Calypso's sake, please? Don't blame yourself." said Liv as she cried.

Antonio reached for her and hugged her. "Sorry Liv. I'm sorry."

"I hate you so much," she said as she hugged him tighter.

"I'm sorry, Liv. Truly."

it took a while for Liv to stop crying. Good thing her mother wasn't there.

"Liv..."

"Don't say anything, please. I am over it. I just need to let out those feelings. But I am totally over it. It's all in the past.I'm contented that I am her adopted sister. I am happy that we are family."

Antonio just kept quiet.  Liv looked at him.

"Hey..." asked Liv, "Don't you dare tell her about this, okay?"

"Okay. I won't tell."

"It's nice to see you two sitting together side by side. Not fighting."

They turned their head in the direction of the voice and saw Dylan with flowers.

"You got discharged already?" asked Antonio, since Dylan wasn't wearing hospital clothes anymore.

"Yup, just this morning. I went and bought a  "get well soon" flowers for Prof. Cielo but I forgot that it is forbidden in the ICU."

"Give it to me. I'll take it home," said Liv.

"Is this a dream? Or is the world ending? Liv didn't nag me about being an idiot?" said Dylan, with a cheeky grin.