Chapter 8

Cattleya's writing on the logbook of her dorm, today's the day Antonio will teach her photography. Tita Leila also invited her to dinner. Luckily Miss Madeline agreed since she knew Mrs. Esquivel, but she also warned Cattleya that she'd be strict when examinations are near.

"Now, you let your parents know about this, okay?" added Miss Madeline.

"Yes, Maddie. Thank you so much."

She dialed her Dad's phone number.

"Dad?"

"Cattie? Hey, what's up? We miss you. Mom's in her greenhouse right now. I'll go get her."

"Uh, no need dad. I won't be calling that long. I called to let you know that I'll be going out today and I'll be back late but not after curfew. I have this photography class with my classmate, and his mom kinda invited me to dinner."

"Is this the same boy, mom, told me about?"

"Yes. He's kind and trustworthy. Don't worry."

"Okay, I'll tell mom later."

"Thanks, Dad, I miss you."

"I miss you too."

"Gotta go, my ride's here. Let's have a long talk next time. I promise."

"Keep safe. I mean safe."

"Yes. I love you, bye."

Cattleya went outside and found Antonio in his car. He was wearing a gray hoodie with red baseball shirt on. When he saw Cattleya walking towards the car, he smiled and waved at her. Cattleya opened the door on the passenger seat.

"Hey." he greeted.

"Hey." she greeted back.

"So, now are you ready to have fun?"

"I sure am!"

"Cameras?"

"Check."

"Extra battery."

"Check."

"Okay, buckle up."

It was a long drive, but Cattleya wasn't bored. She amused herself, looking at the view, the trees, the houses, anything that they passed by on the road.

"So, where are we going? I know you told me not to ask anything about it, but I couldn't help myself. So, where are we going?"

Antonio just smiled, "You'll know when we get there,"

Cattleya raised her hands in defeat, "Fine. Are we close there yet?"

"No, I'll tell you this, the trip's going to be an hour before we arrived at our destination so why don't we play some music."

"Great idea."

Antonio turned on the player. Maroon 5's She Will Be Loved was on. Both him and Cattleya had fun listening to the song when Antonio asked Cattleya.

"What music do you like?"

"Well, I don't have a specific genre of music, but I love listening to Disney songs and Taylor Swift's."

"What's your favorite Disney song?"

"Hmmm, that would be A Whole New World. I love the magical feeling it emits, and I feel Jasmine's hunger to see the world, like me."

Antonio just nodded and asked again.

"Taylor's?"

"There's so many," she put both of her hands on her head. "However, I can play Crazier all day any day, but Lover is also a very very beautiful song. You?"