Party AU Part 5

What does it feel like to fall in love?

Sophie had stayed, locked in her dorm, for the past two days trying to comfort a crying Biana in her bed. She made sure she had all the essentials; tissues, blankets, chocolate, movies, crackers, and lots and lots and lots of time. Usually, when Biana broke up with her boyfriend it was just that, she always broke up with him. Sophie cursed herself, she should have paid more attention, she would have seen the signs and been there before the storm went down. She had been spending more and more time with Keefe in his empty room than in her own in case she disturbed Biana.

Looked like that plan backfired.

But she could tell Biana was really hurting. Whoever did this to her, as soon as I get out of this bed is going to get a real beat down. Usually, when she was upset she talked about it, for days. Nothing like the complete silence she was met with this morning. Nothing like the random fits of crying that only lead to silent wailing. Nothing like the blank stare that came in between. Sophie yurned to fix her bleeding heart, to heal the wound that clearly hadn't closed. That caused her so much pain. For now, all she could do was be there for her. So she spent 72 hours helping Biana with her normal human functions like eating and trying to get her out of bed. Keefe had texted her many times trying to see if there was any way he could help, but at the moment the only thing that would help was time.

"What does it feel like to fall in love?"

The question threw Sophie off guard. Not only was it profound, but it was the first time Biana had spoken since the breakup. She had just come back from class and sat down at her desk to finish up her homework before night came and she turned in to take care of her roommate.

She turned in her chair, thinking.

"Well," she started while staring at the ceiling, "It's the feeling that comes when you're unexpectedly happy for a long time. The flutter of your heart each time you see them. The sheer presence of the other person to put you at ease and allow you to breathe in the moments you feel like you're drowning. The feeling that shows at the most inconvenient time, just to show you how little control you have over it. It's the bounce in your step and the serenity of sleep. It's the ability to think of them in times when you thought you were strong and they make you stronger. It's the simple act of doing whatever you can for them even though you have no idea why. It's the feeling that if they were gone from your life, there wouldn't be anything left to do because you know that life isn't supposed to move on without them. It's knowing that one day you'll have to let them go, let them leave your life, and that becomes scarier than death. To fall in love is to be trapped by your own emotions only to realize that they never owned you in the first place. Falling in love feels like an umbrella in the worlds rainest day"

Sophie looked down and noticed that Biana had the smallest of smiles left on her lips. She blushed and picked at her nails.

"It's going to happen Biana," Sophie whispered as she pulled her closer. "The perfect person is going to swoop in at the most unexpected moment and make sure you are the happiest you will ever be, even if they didn't mean to."

Biana seemed to be calming down from her previous crying fit. She laid down on the bed and stared at the ceiling. Eventually, she decided to curl up on her own bed and listen to sad music. Sophie knew she had to let Biana be now that she had been comforted.

What was it like to fall in love? It looked like she was just starting to figure it out.