6th League: Pag-iwas

TAHIMIK LANG na nakatingin sa Facebook news feed si Iris. Dalawang araw na ang nakalipas nang pumunta siya sa bahay nina Travis. Trixie even sent her a friend request to which she accepted. Doon na nagsimula ang madalas na pag-chat sa kaniya ni Trixie.

To her own surprise, she wasn't even annoyed. If anything, she was having fun interacting with her. Tiningnan niya kung online na ba si Trixie but she was not.

Kanina pa siya nakatambay sa Quadrangle but there was no sign of Travis anywhere. She hated the fact that she was disappointed. Why was she looking for that guy anyway?

Then, Ryland came, holding two smoothies with both of his hands.

"Sorry, hindi kita nasundo sa classroom n'yo. My professor had to discuss something with me. Kanina ka pa ba rito?" tanong ng binata.

"Yup but no worries. How are you, Ry? You told me yesterday that Tito will be needing you on his business trip sa Thailand," sabi ni Iris.

"Yes, iyon nga ang pinag-usapan namin ng prof ko. I just have to make an excuse letter. After naman ng business trip, magte-take ako ng make-up classes," tugon ni Ryland.

"Ayos naman pala. You'll get to learn the lessons you'll be missing," nakangiting sabi ng dalaga.

Ryland stared at her for a moment. He liked staring at her beautiful face to remind himself how much he loved Iris. Ryland was ready to risk everything for her. If only Iris could realize how much he could offer.

Iris was staring at nothingness. It took a good three minutes before she felt Ryland's stare. She looked back at him.

"You're staring again," she said.

"I can't help it. You're so beautiful," Ryland uttered

"Binobola mo na naman ako," natatawang sabi ni Iris.

"I'm not. Totoo namang maganda ka, 'di ba?" tumatawa ring wika ni Ryland.

"Ewan ko sa 'yo. Anyway, how many days will you be gone?" natanong ng dalaga.

"Four days according to Dad. I just hope everything will run smooth para wala nang extension," anang binata.

Iris saw through Ryland. She knew he was working hard. That was what she admired the most about him. Bigla naman niyang naalala si Travis. Magaling na kaya talaga ang binata? She talked to Elerie and she said she was able to talk to Travis yesterday.

NAKATINGIN MULA sa malayo si Travis. He was making sure Iris wouldn't notice that he was there at the Quadrangle as well. He didn't feel like having any interaction with Iris.

He actually talked to Elerie yesterday. Nagpasalamat siya rito para sa mga pagkain at gamot na pinadala nito but Elerie denied it. She told him that she had forgotten about the things she wanted to send to him.

That only meant that it was Iris who brought all those stuff. At ganoon pa ang inasal niya sa pagbisita nito kahapon. Maybe he was feeling guilty about it.

He also knew about Iris being chatty with Trixie within the last two days. That only top the guilt he was already feeling.

Bakit niya ba kasi ako binisita? Inalagaan niya pa ako. May pinapatunayan ba siya sa 'kin?

Mula sa malayo ay kita niya kung gaano kabilis ang pagngiti ni Iris kasama si Ryland. That guy from the powerful Ferrer clan. Nagsalubong ang makakapal niyang kilay. Was he really serious about courting Iris? He snapped out of the thought. Why was he suddenly concerned about it?

"Hoy, sinong tinitingnan mo diyan?" tanong ng kapwa janitor niyang si Donny. He was also a student at AU. Pero katulad ni Travis, hindi rin ganoon kaginhawa ang buhay nito kaya naman namasukan ding janitor ng pamantasan sa umaga.