12th League: Kahit Ikaw na lang

EVERY STUDENT were quite busy thinking creative community service ideas. Ashbridge University was well-known for that event where all students from different colleges will be conducting an outreach.

It was actually a pretty cool idea to enhance the students' capability of helping. Mayayaman ang mga estudyante ng AU at ito ay isang paraan upang matuto sila kung paano mag-abot ng tulong sa mga nangangailangan.

Iris was with her friends. She was actually the current president of their college. Nasa kaniya ang desisyon kung ano ang dapat nilang gawin sa nalalapit na AU Community Service.

"Why don't we just give them grocery packages? Let's hire people to do it for us. There's no way I'm going to join a crowd full of scavs," Alex said.

"Yeah, no. I won't do that," Yuri agreed.

"But wouldn't it be more heartwarming if we ourselves are the ones to hand it to them personally? I think that's the real purpose of this event," malungkot na sabi ni Elerie.

Iris looked at her friends. She also didn't actually want to be in such situation but Elerie was right. She was pretty torn actually.

"Palibhasa kasi, sanay kang makisalamuha sa mga poor. Kung ikaw na lang kaya mag-isa? At least, may representative tayo," Alex told her cousin.

"People like them are opportunists. Ganitong event ang hinihintay nila. 'Yong alam nila na may makukuha sila nang agad-agad kahit hindi naman nila pinaghirapan. They probably have been waiting for this so that they can take advantage. Ugh! I hate this event!" Yuri cynically complained.

Para bang nag-init ang ulo ni Iris sa kaniyang narinig. Of course, she knew not all of them were like that. If she had not met Travis yet, she would've had thought the same thing. Pero iba na ngayon.

"Bakit, Yuri? Tell me, of all the things you have now, what did you actually work hard for?" Iris asked.

"Excuse me, before I got this LV bag, I had to maintain my grades well," sagot ni Yuri.

"Maintaining your grades isn't a game you have to win to get prizes, it's actually your responsibility as a student, Yuri," wika niya at natahimik naman ang kaibigan niya.

"Well... Uhh... Iris has a point. Aminin man natin or hindi, we get everything we want. Wala naman akong issue about helping poor people but I just can't stand having them around," Alex stated.

"It's simple, you do it or not. My dad always says that it's not about whatever way you want to help people, it's about the sincerity of your actions. Kung ayaw n'yong sumama, that's fine as long as your intention of helping is pure," Elerie said.

Iris couldn't help but to get amazed as she listened to what Elerie had to say. So that was it. That was the reason why Travis liked her.

Elerie's heart was so pure. She was properly raised by her parents. Iris thought her intelligence was no match to what Elerie's heart had to offer. Hindi ito ganoon katalino pero napakabuti naman nitong tao.

Ngayon ay naiintindihan na niya kung bakit ganoon na lang ang kislap ng mga mata ni Travis tuwing nakikita nito si Elerie. She felt sad while thinking about it.

"Well, Elerie's right. I guess it wouldn't hurt to give a try but I wouldn't compromise the honesty of my natural born, talkative mouth kapag nando'n na tayo," Alex said.

"I still have to think about it. Nga pala, let's change the topic, mamaya 'yong basketball game nina Ryland against College of Education, 'di ba? Did he tell you, Iris?" ani Yuri.