42nd League: Devastated

IRIS NEVER left her room for three days straight. She was not opening up. She didn't talk to anybody. Her parents were extremely worried about her but they chose not to interfere until she was ready to utter a single word.

That day, when she broke up with Travis, she was kind of hoping he'd be in front of their house begging her to stay. But he didn't show up. Not even his shadow.

She was full of pain and hate in her heart. Ang akala niya ay maghahabol ang binata na parang aso kagaya ng ipinangako nito. She was expecting for him to show up. Kahit galit siya ay umaasa pa rin siya pero wala. Walang dumating.

She went downstairs to get herself a glass of water. Nagkatinginan ang kaniyang ina at ama. They were also hurting seeing their only daughter suffering. They didn't know the story but they had an idea what it was about.

"Iris, are you okay?" nag-aalalang tanong ni Mrs. Jang.

"I'm gonna lie if I say I am. But I don't want you to worry about me, Mom," Iris said.

"You can tell us what happened. You've been locked up in your room for three days, do you know how worried we are?" Mrs. Jang replied.

"Mom, Dad, we broke up. It's all that I can say," Iris said with a bitter smile.

Me. Jang stood up and hugged his daughter. He could feel the pain she was dealing with. He knew for sure how heartbroken his daughter was. Hugging her was the only thing he could offer. If she didn't want to say anything about the break-up, he totally respected her decision not to.

Iris was once again reminded of the pain. Shedding a tear, she collapsed and was immediately rushed to the hospital. The next thing she knew, she was on a hospital bed. She was awakened by the noise of her friends having an inconsiderately loud chitchat beside her.

"Girl, gising ka na!" Yuri worriedly stated.

"It'd be more surprising if I am not. You guys are too loud, you just woke up all the patients in this hospital," Iris sarcastically replied.

"How are you na, Iris? We were so worried when we were told na sinugod ka raw dito," Alex said.

"Trixie told me about everything. Naisip ko na bisitahin ka namin but one of your maids told us na sinugod ka nga raw sa hospital. You're over fatigue," Elerie uttered.

"Ano bang nangyari, Iris? That day, you were excited. Balak mo pa ngang sundan sa London si Travis. Hindi rin daw kasi sinabi ni Trixie kay Elerie ang dahilan," tanong ni Alex. Muling nanumbalik ang sakit kay Iris nang marinig ang pangalan ni Travis.

"It happened. We broke up. I don't want to dive into details," sagot ni Iris bago nag-iwas ng tingin.

Naintindihan naman ng mga kaibigan niya kung bakit ayaw nang pag-usapan ng dalaga ang nangyari. Besides, they didn't want to stress her out even more. She just woke up.

Nevertheless, ever since their break-up, there was something that was bothering Iris. She wanted to know where those photos came from. Who was the mysterious sender?

"Nga pala, Iris, I don't know if this is necessary but I just want to tell you na tumuloy si Travis sa London," Elerie told her.

Iris bit her lower lip to stop herself from crying but she lost it. Her tears began brushing down her cheeks.

Her friends immediately noticed it and so they decided to leave her alone for a moment. She was angry. She knew she initiated the break-up but why? Why did he leave as if she wasn't as important as he used to tell her she was?