damon

imagine you and damon have a love/hate relationship. you're constantly bickering and people always make jokes about your arguments– saying you're like a married couple. one day you find yourself in a heated argument  which leads to a confession

"and yet again, i have to heal you! pick you up and hold you in my arms, carry you from the fight to my home! i have to lay you in my bed and pray to god that you wake up!" damon shouted loudly. you had awoken just minutes ago, and the two of you were already fighting with each other. you watched him, as he continued to rant on and on and on. he wouldn't shut up, making you feel insane, guilty, angry.

"why are you doing this?" you screamed at him, your head in your hands as you sat on the bed, damon's duvet still covering your legs. damon paced up and down beside you, his arms folded across his chest as he sighed angrily "stop blaming me for everything!"

he shook his head "me doing this? i'm not fucking doing anything." you watched as he kicked a chair angrily across the room. it hit the wall and scattered across the floor, making you flinch. "it's you! it's always you!" you stood from the bed, fronting up damon, looking up at him and staring into his eyes. he stared right back, his piercing blue eyes not leaving yours.

"what do you mean it's me?" you questioned, venom lacing your words. damon looked away from you, no longer wanting to state you out "i asked you a question, damon. god dammit! answer it." your hand gently cupped his face "look at me." your voice softened, your anger dissolving for just a second.

damon allowed you to turn his face, and you watched as tears filled his eyes before he blinked them away quickly. so quickly that you were unsure that you saw them in the first place "you don't understand how people feel about you, y/n. you're human. you're always going to be in danger when you're trying to save stefan, caroline, elena, bonnie... even me. you shouldn't be involved with this. we don't want you getting hurt again and again and again. don't you see that it hurts them? it hurts me!"

you were speechless for a second, the raw emotion in his voice catching you off guard. with a sigh you tore your hand from his face, wrapping your arms around yourself and staring at the floor. you turned away from him "and this is what i get every time. if i'm not going to attempt to save your ass then who is, damon?"

"i'm just trying to protect you." he spoke quietly, a whisper that you could barely here. you stood quietly, still turned away from him as he sat at the table, pouring himself a drink. "you never see that though. and you never will."

you scoffed "why do you care so much damon? you aren't worried about me. you're worried about being hated for not saving me. that's all." in your mind damon was lying, he wouldn't want to save you. why would he want to save you? he was doing it because he had to.

"god dammit, y/n!" damon slammed his hands on the table and you gasped as damon appeared in front of you "i care about you because i'm in love with you! okay? i love you!" his voice broke and you watched as the tears began to fall from his eyes and down his cheeks "and you don't understand how much it hurts to see you risk your life! to see you hate me. i don't want it to be like this, not between us."

your eyes widened and you watched in shock as he stared at you. you had never seen damon express so much emotion and especially not to you "damon..." you began, knowing you felt exactly the same way. you had repressed the feelings for so long, feeling ashamed for having feelings for the man who you bickered with on the daily.

"don't, y/n. i understand you don't feel the same way." he mumbled, wiping his tears away with the back of his hand. damon turned slowly, taking a deep breath and beginning to take steps towards the door. you shook your head, grabbing his hand and holding it in yours, your hand tiny compared to his.

"damon..." you pulled him towards you, rubbing circles on his hand "i... i love you too. i've always loved you." damon didn't hesitate. he dropped your hand and cupped your cheeks, staring into your eyes before connecting your lips. he kissed you. a long awaited, passionate intense kiss. you allowed your arms to link around his neck as you felt his hands on your waist.

you pulled away from each other, staring into each other's eyes as he moved your soft hair from your eyes and tucked the strand behind your ear "you have absolutely no idea how long i've wanted to do that." damon's hand moved to rest on your cheek, smiling as he felt your skin against his.

"not as long as i have." you whispered, letting him gently pick you up. your legs wrapped around his waist as he gently swayed, rocking the two of you back and forth.

he paused, shaking his head "since the first time i saw you..."