damon

imagine damon and yourself used to date just a few years back. you broke up awhile after he turned you– but made a promise that you could always rely on each other and always turn to each other for help. you had lost contact with damon awhile back, you assumed that he wouldn't need you. that's until he turned up on your doorstep in the middle of a storm.

you sighed to yourself and placed your book onto the coffee table, the sound of rain thrashing against your thin glass windows filling your ears. the paranoia that the windows would end up breaking due to the strength of the heavy winds was creeping into your mind. you felt unsafe, alone in such a big house in the middle of a storm– you knew that you were a vampire, that you could look after yourself, but you had feared storms since you were a kid.

when stuck in situations like this you found yourself longing for a certain persons arms around you– damon. you didn't want to admit it, but you thought about him a lot. you knew your heart still ached for him, but you had no way of contacting him and it's not as if you'd want to go to him first. he had probably moved on by now.

you bit your nails anxiously, glancing over to the window. lightning continued to come in flashes– illuminating corners of your dimly lit living room. flames flickered from the candles laying upon your coffee table, you had decided to light candles in case the power cut out.

a loud knock on the door pulled you from your thoughts. you jumped, a gasp escaping your lips due to the shock of the sudden noise. you paused for a moment, frowning as you considered whether it would be the best decision to open the door or not. a voice pulled you from your mental debate– a voice from outside calling your name. "y/n! it's me..." you knew you recognised the voice, you knew exactly who it belonged to "it's damon."

you wasted no time in getting to the door, using your speed to get to the doorway in under a second. but that's when you hesitated, placing your hand onto the wooden door and listening to him. it was hard to believe this was really happening. damon's breath caught in his throat, "i can hear you... i can hear your breathing." his voice was barely a whisper. it was him. your damon. he was finally here.

"damon." a whisper escaped your throat, followed by a small whimper. your hand reached for the door handle– and without pausing you swung it open, letting your eyes land on damon. the rain had soaked him, his hair was stuck to his forehead and his leather jacket was dripping with raindrops. he offered you a small smile, and you couldn't help but throw your arms around him, feeling the rain begin to soak you as you embraced him.

his chest pressed against yours, a smile covered your lips as you felt him lift you, allowing you to wrap your legs around his waist. he breathed in your scent, a smile covering his lip at the familiarity of you "god. you don't know how happy i am to see you." damon pulled his head back slightly to meet your eyes, and you gazed right back. he was just as handsome as you remembered.

"not as happy as i am." you replied, your arms locked around his neck. your eyes continued to flicker from his eyes to his lips, the memories of every kiss, of every hug of every touch came flooding back– and you wanted to kiss him. you wanted to press your lips to his so bad, so you did. it was just a small peck but it meant and held so much, so much love and admiration from a simple touch. damon rose his eyebrows in shock, smiling a little as a rosy blush covered your cheeks.

you felt the burning on your cheeks, and jumped from his arms. watching damon carefully– you were struggling to believe he was really back "please, come inside. you know i hate storms." you attempted to joke, gently taking his hand in yours and leading him inside. the way your hands fit together was just like two pieces of a puzzle. as if you were meant to be. you tried to shake the idea from your head, you didn't know damon's situation, you didn't know how he felt about you, or what happened. you didn't exactly know him anymore. was he the same boy that you fell in love with?

he followed you inside, shutting the door behind him and glancing around the room, taking in every aspect of it. you watched his eyes darted around your living room. it seemed empty to him– no family pictures or photographs. nothing at all. "no photos?" damon questioned, turning to you. his abruptness and timing was still the same.

a smile began to cover your lips, the corners of your mouth twitching upwards at the realisation he had barely changed. he was still the same cocky damon "i uh..." you felt yourself hesitate for a moment, not wanting to seem as if you were begging for sympathy. damon looked at you, confused and awaiting an answer "i don't really have any family or friends anymore. it's just me really."

you watched as damon's face fell into a frown at your response. he was aware that you were always somewhat shy and lonely before he met you, you were quiet and having damon by your side encouraged you to come out of your shell, socialise and make friends. when your relationship ended you began to isolate yourself again "none at all?" he questioned, a wave of guilt rushing over him as his lips parted in surprise.

and you wanted to answer– except you didn't know what to say. this situation was awkward and unfair, damon would feel guilty either way and you were aware of the fact it wasn't his fault. you just didn't know how to cope without him, without his support in social situations, without your damon. he could tell that you were beginning to get emotional, and watched as tears filled your eyes, his heart breaking to see you so vulnerable "it's not your fault, damon." you whispered quietly "it never was. it never will be. i made the decision to push them away, telling myself that i was fine on my own... but i wasn't. because there was one person i needed by my side the whole time and that was you, damon. it's always been you."

before you knew it, damon's hands were cupping your cheeks gently– connecting your lips and kissing you passionately. your hands found their way to his soft hair which you pulled on gently as the kiss seemed to deepen. the kiss somehow stayed soft and somewhat gentle, neither of you wanted to pull apart. and when you did the taste of him lingered on your lips, your heart ached for the lips, for the person you had lived without for what seemed like forever. you gazed into each other's eyes, lips turned up in happy smiles. "i'm not leaving again," damon whispered, gently tucking a strand of hair behind your ear "never."

thank you for 1000 reads!!!