Chapter 40 - The Truth

Genesis carried Sephiroth down the old spiral stairs to the basement. He was stopped by Vincent Valentine who stood in the hallway, "what do you want?" Genesis asked bluntly,  "I think Sephiroth should know of his origin" Vincent answered back in his calm deep voice.  "well I don't think Sephiroth will know anything unless he has medical treatment" Genesis said angrily.  "alright... I'll inform you, I am an ex Turk-" Vincent said but his sentence was stopped by Genesis "ex Turk? hah, my poor deluded friend, I have never seen you before, how could you claim to be an ex Turk when you are so young?" Genesis asked. Vincent frowned, "how ignorant, this body is my punishment, I too am an experiment, my body resembles my age of twenty seven, but I have been locked away here sleeping for thirty years.." Vincent exclaimed, Genesis stood there blankly looking at the man. "now, back when I was a Turk I was trained medically as well as my other training.. I can revive Sephiroth but you have to allow me to explain a few things to him" "and why do you want him to know all of that?" Genesis questioned, "think of it as redemption or atonement" Vincent said sadly, "very well.." Genesis said walking up to the ex Turk.

-

Sephiroth awakened to the dark labs in the ShinRa basement, he sat up a little dizzy but he was alright. He stood up and was faced with Genesis and Vincent. "Sephiroth..." Vincent called, Sephiroth looked at Vincent confused, "I can explain your origin" he continued. Sephiroth frowned "what now?" he asked coldly, "your mother is dr. Lucrecia Crescent and your father is professor Hojo.. as a fetus you were injected with Jenova cells... creating a perfect child. I however tried to stop the experiment, when Hojo was alone I crept into the labs and tried to stop him, but well when I reached for my gun he had already shot me. I was his next experiment, he revived my body after giving me Protomateria which transforms my body into demons, but my bodie is my punishment for that sin long ago. Sephiroth, I killed your father" Vincent explained, Sephiroth stood there with his eyes widened, "Sephiroth, it's not that bad.." Genesis said aproching the man, "it makes no difference, Genesis let's leave" Sephiroth said grabbing Genesis by the wrist.