Chapter 17 - The Price Of Freedom

Genesis was bored, he didn't have any recent assignments so he just lazed around in Sephiroth's bed, he hadn't seen Angeal since he got caught with Nero. The auburn haired man sighed, boredom was getting to him and he was alone, he grabbed his phone seeing a text from Nero saying "meet me tonight ;)" Genesis rolled his eyes and called Sephiroth "I'm bored Seph, when are you back?" Genesis asked when Sephiroth picked up. "I'm on my way with Angeal, I'll see you in a few" Sephiroth said, Genesis hung up and breathed out heavily, then realisation hit him, 'Angeal?!' his eyes widened, and he felt nauseous. Sephiroth unlocked the door and made his way through with Angeal. They found Genesis under the blanket, Sephiroth raised an eyebrow, "Genesis?" he asked confused, Genesis came out of the covers his skin was very pale "I didn't hear you come in" Genesis said with his eyes glancing at Angeal, Sephiroth was still confused but brushed it off, "well the seconds are out, me and Angeal thought it would be interesting to fight against each other" Sephiroth said with a faint smile. Genesis got out of the bed fully clothed "well then let's go" Angeal said as they all left the apartment.

-

"infinite in mystery is the gift of the goddess, we seek it thus and take to the sky, ripples form on the waters surface, the wandering soul knows no rest" Genesis quoted with one leg over the other, the sun was shining in Sephiroth's eyes as he turned around and smiled at his lover, "Loveless, act 1" Sephiroth said with a smirk, Genesis closed his book with the same smirk, "you remembered" he said looking up, "how can I not? when you've beaten it into my head?" Sephiroth spoke tapping the side of his head remembering the time when Genesis hit him across the head with Loveless. Sephiroth then drew his blade, Genesis got up and smirked, "Angeal step back.. I'll take Sephiroth alone" Genesis spoke out with his blade. "Genesis! don't take Sephiroth lightly" Angeal warned his friend, "noted" Genesis said smirking. The three began fighting each other and the three clashed swords all smiling. Genesis and Angeal stepped back, "the world needs a new hero!" Genesis raised his voice powering his blade, "humph come and try" Sephiroth said as he slowly blinked. Genesis smirkes "so smug but for how long?" he said as he charged at his lover clashing swords, this continued into the sky, Genesis began shooting fire at Sephiroth who cut into it, Genesis was charging his magic when Angeal grabbed him "stop, you'll destroy us all!" Angeal said, Genesis put his hand over his friends face and realised the magic, and Angeal fell from the air. Genesis then looked at Sephiroth and shot fire that wrapped around Sephiroth, but Sephiroth broke through it and began slicing at Genesis that missed, The three Soldiers were at the top of the cut cannon of Junon. The three clashed blades once more, Genesis was putting too much pressure on Angeal's sword, and Sephiroth was also putting pressure until the sword snapped and went into Genesis's left shoulder. He fell to his knees and dropped his sword placing a hand on the injury, "just a scape I'll be fine." he said picking up his sword as he rose to his feet and looked at Sephiroth, "even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return." he quoted as he left the training room, Sephiroth glanced at him with guilt as he blamed himself for letting this happen.