Chapter 38 - Fury

Sephiroth frowned when Genesis left him alone again, he was still hurting from the wound that Cloud gave him. Sighing Sephiroth limply walked over to the window, he smiled as it was another beautiful star lit night, but his smile soon faded, the town that he thought was incinerated was restored back to normal like nothing had happened.

-

Genesis was infuriated by Cloud, he paced to the ShinRa manor, he and Zack were limply walking out of the ShinRa manor, they both made eye contact with the ex Soldier. Genesis continued to pace towards them with his crimson blade in hand, Zack and Cloud got there swords out ready for combat, Zack went to run at him but froze, "Angeal?!" he said looking directly behind Genesis. Zack run past Genesis and practicality jumped on Angeal, Genesis turned around in shock to see his old friend, "Angeal stay back" Genesis said frowning, his gaze tuned back to Cloud. "Genesis.." Angeal called out, "my soul corrupted by vengeance, hath endured torment to find the end of the journey in my own salvation and your eternal slumber" Genesis quoted walking towards Cloud taking hold of his sword, "Genesis stop!" Zack shouted, he went to run at the ex Soldier but was stopped by Angeal, "this is not your battle Zack" Angeal said bluntly, "but.. what happened to honour?!" Zack argued, Angeal looked at Genesis then back at Zack, "he is proving his honour, to Sephiroth" Angeal said approving Genesis to take on Cloud.

Genesis forcefully lunged at Cloud, Cloud blocked the attack frowning, Genesis was full of hatred and continously hit Cloud, the teen fell to the floor panting. Genesis placed a foot on Cloud and forcefully stepped on his chest, a loud crunching sound could be heard, Cloud felt his ribs crack and began coughing up blood, Zack turned away and hid in Angeal's chest, Angeal pulled an arm around Zack comforting him. Genesis smirked as he finished the man off stabbing him with his crimson blade Genesis turned around with blood dripping from his sword, Angeal and Zack were gone. White feathers covered the floor Genesis shock his head and went back to the abandoned house to see Sephiroth.