17

Naruto woke up at 7 he turned his phone alarm off and laid back down. He knew he wasn't tired. He just felt off, almost like he was forgetting something or something important was supposed to happen today. But he had no answer for such a feeling. He'll carry on, but the feeling still remains.

He walked down stairs and sat on the table. His father was sitting at the other end sipping his coffee and reading the paper.

Naruto felt tired. His eyes were heavy and his stomach was grumbling. But he wasn't tired, and he wasn't hungry. His body was done resting, his brain wanted to stay up. He had no choice but to ignore the sting of his sleepy eyes. Perhaps it was because of the crying. He cried for so long his eyes need to rest.

Minato cleared his throat gaining the attention of his son—who was staring at the floor. Naruto looked up with red eyes. It was clear that he's been crying, maybe even in his sleep he was crying.

"Naruto, we need to talk. Man to man"

Naruto snorted and grabbed the spoon next to the sugar. He picked up the sugar and dumped it back into the small glass jar. "I'm not much of a man"

Minato looked at Naruto, he was confused. "You're not? How do you figure that?"

"Uh, I'm gay. Isn't that reason enough? I mean I'm not muscular and I know I can't grow facial hair"

"No."

"No?" Naruto asked. His voice was laced with confusion it made Minato realize just how much he's been failing as a parent.

"Being a man doesn't mean you like girls. It doesn't mean you have muscles and can grow facial hair. That's ridiculous. Being a man is respecting people and respecting yourself. It's doing the right thing no matter wh-"

"What? You were doing really good. I was staring to feel the inspiration"

Minato cracked a smile "I don't think being a man has anything to do with those things actually. All of those things require nothing and don't make you a man, they make you a decent human. Man to man means you're a guy I am a guy let's talk."

Naruto stared at his dad. This was the most he's heard him speak in years. He's been too busy working and worrying about his wife. Naruto couldn't even remember the last time they sat at this table together. "Should we just call it a guy talk then? Like girl talk!"
Naruto smiled and laughed loudly. "We're having a girl talk!"

Minato had no idea what to do. He has no idea what Naruto was laughing at or what was happening. But he did know that he didn't want to ruin this moment or Naruto's mood.

"Tell me about Sasuke"

Naruto stopped abruptly his pale face glistened with a slight sweat. "Sasuke?"

"Your boyfriend. Yes I would like to know more about him."

"Oh well officially we're not dating. Well maybe we are! Oh my gosh I have a boyfriend!?" Naruto put his hands over his mouth and stared at his amused father. "Sasuke moved here from a big city. He's kind of an asshole but only because he has his opinions and is not afraid to share them. But he's not an asshole at the same time. He's so nice to me. Even after we got into our first argument, he said that he respects my different opinions"