19

Naruto and Sasuke walked down the stairs. Sasuke was trailing behind him. Naruto was really trying to smile and keep all of his dark thoughts away.

Naruto walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. He sat at the small island and stared down at the counter.

"Naruto... is everything okay?"
Naruto wanted to say eveything was okay. He just couldn't. Ever since he got up this morning everything just seemed off. He wanted so hard to put his finger on this feeling but he just couldn't.

Narutos eyebrows furrowed together he looked up and turned to the seat next to him. Izumi was sitting in it.

"Izumi" Naruto muttered with a small smile. "Izumi why are you crying?"

Izumi wiped the tears from Narutos face "why are you crying?" She whispered. Naruto moved his hands to his face. He didn't know he was crying.

Naruto stood up quickly the gloomy air was making it hard to breathe. "Something is wrong. Something is very wrong." Naruto looked at Sasuke.

Sasuke looked at Naruto with a pale face and sad eyes. The words from Naruto we're playing in his head like a non stop recording. "Well.. actually Kiba is the only friend I have." It was playing over and over again. Sasuke felt his heart squeeze each time.

"Sasuke, what's going on?" Naruto turned to his dad when Sasuke wasn't talking. Izumi was crying, Sasuke was a pale as a ghost. "Dad!" Naruto yelled. He stared at his father with a glare.

"Naruto I think you should sit down"

Naruto shook his head "I think you better tell me what's going on. Right now!"

Minato walked over to Narutos side and put his hand on his sons shoulder. "Naruto I just got a call, from Kibas mother."

Narutos heart dropped he shook his head he didn't even need to hear the rest. He already knew. The look on his fathers face, the tears from Izumi, the scared look from Sasuke.

Naruto opened his mouth he bit his tongue "what, um what happened? I, I would like to know what's happened to. My best friend" Naruto chocked our the last word and tried really hard not to cry loudly.

"Kiba died in a car crash today, his mother said there was a gun at the scene."

Naruto nodded his head. Car crash? Not possible. Kiba has been driving since he could talk. The guy knew his way around any car. To think he got into a car accident where no other car was involved? No.

Kiba must've ended his life. Naruto was just too blind for see what was happening to him.

Naruto felt his fathers arms wrap around him. 
There are just something's that you never forget. Something's that you never get over. Things you will never be able to forgive yourself for. Kiba will always be Narutos. Kiba will always be his best friend, his best supporter, his companion. The person who never left him no matter what.

Naruto didn't want to think about the times they had together. The games they played. The way they grew up. The jokes they had. Today was the worst day of Narutos life. Today will always be the thing he thinks about.

Kiba will forever be the thing that Naruto takes from this town. Because this town did nothing but betray the people living in it. But Kiba never betrayed Naruto. They had a friendship so grand. Naruto loved him. He loved Naruto.