Chapter 24

"They know we have a show to do in a few hours. Where could they have gone?!"

Paul walked up to Brian. "What's the problem? Me and Ringo have been waiting for 10 minutes."

"They're not here."

"Okay, Imma kill them when I see them both."

"Paul, will you listen for once? They went for a walk and never came back."

Paul stopped talking. "What?"

"They never came back Paul." Cynthia told him.

"How long ago did they leave?"

"About 4 hours ago. It was supposed to be a quick walk."

"Did they say where they were going?"

"No."

"What if they got bumbarded with fans?"

"That must be it! We still have the whole city of Liverpool to look in. We don't have any idea where they could be."

"That's why we check every place we know they'll go."

*******

John looked over at George, then, back at whoever was in there with them. The tape had been ripped off their mouths so could answer questions, which, they refused to answer.

"Wait til the others find us. They won't take too kindly to yer presence."

"They won't find you Mr. Lennon. They have no clue where you are. You are somewhere you have never been in yer whole life."

"They'll find us. I have faith in them. They never tend to let us down."

"No, but they won't find you before yer big show tonight. It starts in only a few hours and yer stuck here with them searching desperately to find the other half of their quartet."

John slightly moved his hands, which caused the wire in his neck to move. He didn't have a reaction to it, not giving the satisfaction to whoever was there.

"So, when do you plan to kill us off?"

"I don't plan to kill you. I just thought of an idea." He approached George first and ripped off his wedding ring. Then he approached John and did the same thing as well.

"Is that yer plan? Sending our rings back to them?"

"You caught me. But, it will be hand delivered by one of my men."

********

It had been another hour. Brian had called off the show and got the cops involved to help find them. After a bit of answering questions from the cops, there was a knock at the door.

Paul got up and went to it hoping it was them. Once he opened the door, he saw a package and gave a confused face. He picked it up and brought it inside. It was addressed to the two beatles that were left.

Once he shut the door, be began to open it. He tried looking inside it but it was very dark so he dumped whatever it was, into his hand and froze with his mouth slightly opened.

Paul overheard Brian tell one of the cops: "They wouldn't have run out like that. Its not like them. We don't have any idea where they went. Paul? Any ideas?"

No answer.

"Paul?" Ringo walked up to him and clearly saw what he was holding.

"Christ." He picked them up out of his hand and turned back to Brian. "We do have a clue on where they went, and they weren't being chased by fans if that's what yer wondering."