Chapter 19 - Welcome to London

Tessa

I had to call Josh immediately. I didn't care about the time difference, I had to inform him about my whereabouts.

"Tessa? Where the hell are you?"

"Josh, I'm so happy to hear your voice"

"What's going on, I found your note"

"I'm with Hardin... in London"

"WHERE???" he fucking screamed in my ear.

"Josh, stop yelling. It was an emergency, we had to leave"

"But why? What happened?"

"Molly came by Hardin's house last night, and something came up. I asked Hardin to explain but he said there was danger and we had to go. I'm as confused as you are"

"Oh my god, danger? what kind of danger?"

"I don't know, he said he would explain"

"He better"

"Josh you can't tell anybody"

"But what will happen when they start asking questions?"

"Just tell my parents to call me. As for the people at school, just say I disappeared"

"Easy for you to say"

"Josh please, if there is any danger like Hardin says, then things are serious"

"Yeah, I get it. Please give me a call once in awhile, I need to know you are okay"

"Of course I will, at least I will try"

"And Tessa, Happy birthday girl!" he said and took me by surprise. With everything that happened, I totally forgot that it was my birthday today. Nice way to celebrate, running away from home.

"Damn Josh, I completely forgot about it"

"I can tell. Make sure to enjoy London while you can"

"Yeah, I'll call you later. Take care"

"You too" he said and we closed the call.

I can't believe I was turning 18. My parents always loved organizing a small gathering at home for the whole family and my closest friends. I wasn't always into it, but the cake was always great.

I made my way back to the bedroom and found Hardin laying on the bed with his back on the wall, going through his laptop. His hair were wet and his muscles were toned, never paid attention to his whole chest like that.

"Did you shower?" I asked him.

"Yeah, there is warm water, I suggest you take one too" he says without picking up his eyes from the screen.

I left my phone on the table, grabbed a towel and my slippers and went inside. The warm water eased my stressing body, I wanted to stay under the shower for hours. I pictured me and Hardin together underneath a shower or inside a bathtub full with bubbles. It would be great to enjoy ourselves like this without anything to worry about.

"Tess, are you okay?" I heard Hardin from outside.

"Yeah, just getting out" I told him.

"It's been an hour babe. I got worried"

I didn't know time could fly like this, but apparently it does when you are having a great time. I wrapped a towel around me, wore my panties from underneath and headed out only to find Hardin leaning on the door, with my phone in his hands.

"Tess..."

"Yeah?" I tell him while I try to dry up my hair with another towel. His mouth was wide open examining me from top to bottom.