Chapter 20 - Happy Birthday

Hardin

The whole way back I couldn't stop thinking about all the shit I've been through in my life. Deep inside me I wanted to drop out of college, or choose another major. English literature wouldn't get me far and I certainly didn't want to become one of those penny less authors who right about romance and end up being alone until they finally die or commit suicide.

Back in high school I had a friend whose dad was running a modeling agency. He did a photo session back then for our school, and was looking for male young models. I remember he said I should go for it in the future but I never did, even though I liked the idea of it. He was a very talented man, always picking the best people so choosing me for a few of the shots, clearly meant something.

My parents weren't big fans and pushed me away from these thoughts. Again, I don't blame them. They wouldn't like their son to starve and work out all day just for the sake of a few shots every now and then. The money was pretty good though, and it would worth every starvation or drop of sweats. I was thinking to actually track him down and give it a go.

Before I knew it, I arrived back at the hotel. I haven't heard from Tessa so I assumed she was still fast asleep. I made my way up and slowly opened the door, I didn't want to wake her up.
Moving inside, she was nowhere to be found. I looked everywhere. For a moment I freaked out, thinking she run away or even back to the states.

God damned, where is this girl?

Bad thoughts flooded in my head, I run down the lobby to ask if anyone saw her or if she even left a message. But nothing. I checked my phone but I realized I was put of battery. I hope she didn't leave to search for me. I rushed back upstairs and shoved the phone in the charger, cursing it to open. I immediately called her, trying to improve my breathing.

"Hardin..." she replies.

"Tessa, where the hell are you?"

"Why are you shouting"

"I came back in an empty room and you didn't t even call, or leave a note"

"Hardin calm down, I just wanted to check out the rest of the hotel. They have a spa here!" she said literally screaming in my ear. She got so excited over a simple spa.

"Jesus Tess... I thought..." I began to say but quickly regretted it.

"You thought what?" she won't let go.

"Nothing... please come back" I begged.

"You thought I left, didn't you now?" she asked me, and I swear to God I could "hear" the smile forming on her face.

"Tess... upstairs. now." I demand.

"Coming..." she simply said and closed the phone. This girl is such a trouble sometimes, I can already see the small quarrels every now and then because of stupid issues. She could get sad and excited over stupid things, so easily, it gave me a headache. But again, she was cute as fuck.

---

Tessa

Poor Hardin thought I would leave him like that. I wasn't going anywhere without hearing whatever he had to say. Sooner or later he would have to come clean and I wasn't going to miss it.

I picked up my bag and went back upstairs. I could tell form the tone of his voice that he was angry or even worse, worried. Opening the door, I found him pacing around the small living room, obviously annoyed over my sudden absence.

"Tess" he pouts and runs towards me pulling me into a hug, and burying his face in my neck.

"Babe, I'm here" I said and rubbed his hair.